Already applied?View Dashboard
Project Management Mechanical Field Rep - Utility ConstructionApply Now Apply Later Job ID 723275BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products,Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 12/10/2019
Do you want to be a part of building new attractions and resorts at Walt Disney World? Are you passionate around bringing a project team together to energize infrastructure projects? If so, a Utility Field Representative for Mechanical Construction Projects could be just the role for you!
The Mechanical Utility Field Representative works collaboratively with project managers, engineers, clients, stakeholders, contractors, consultants, Walt Disney World (WDW)/Reedy Creek Energy Services (RCES) operations, Reedy Creek Improvement District (RCID) and governmental agencies in the development and implementation of project management construction plans and strategies. Coordinates and provides oversight of field construction activities by contractors and ensures compliance with RCES/RCID construction and engineering procedures, environmental, OSHA, regulatory and code requirements. Verifies that the contractor safely performs all aspects of work according to the RCES and regulatory policies, procedures construction drawings and specifications along with federal, state and local requirements. The Mechanical Utility Field Representative works with Project Management and Engineering Leadership to resolve any issues related to the project that may affect job flow, project schedule, safety, environmental and service to the RCES customers.
This role reports to the Mechanical Senior Project Manager.
- Ensuring Project Safety - Obtaining final approval for contractor submitted safety plan, and compliance with project safety plan during construction
- Being a Technical Partner – Work with Engineers, Consultants, Contractors and Field Engineering to implement civil and mechanical utility system designs, new construction, road projects, system improvement and operation of hot water, chilled water, natural gas, fuel oil distribution, potable water (drinking), sewage and wastewater treatment, solid waste, reclaimed water, recycling and drainage control systems
- Project Development - Participate in the development of the overall project plan for all phases. Participate in design and constructability reviews providing input on design, materials, construction means and methods. Collaborates with the Design Managers and Engineer of Record in the development of the construction sequence plan
- Bidding, Awarding and Project Logistics - Participate in Pre and Post Bid meetings, and provide input. Verify existing site conditions against design documents. Participate in the review and acceptance of the project specific safety plan, provide constructability analysis and value engineering recommendations. Collaborate with stakeholders to develop and manage site logistics plan, inclusive of staging areas, property access and traffic control. Participate in developing the Application for Payment Schedule of Values
- Leading and Overseeing - Provide Oversight of Contractors in the execution of projects assigned by Project Manager in accordance with project scope, budget, and schedule within RCID/RCES/WDW contract guidelines, operational procedures, engineering specifications, safety program and regulatory requirements. Perform frequent Safety and Field Observations to ensure overall adherence to project specific safety plans and construction standards and specifications. Coordinate with all stakeholders to ensure planned work activity does not negatively impact park, resort, operations, engineering or guest experiences. Ensure proper confined space, LOTO or switching and tagging procedures are performed in compliance with project specific safety plan. Regularly review and monitor RCES and contractor project schedules. Meet regularly with Project Manager, Project Controls, and Contractors to review the project status, schedules, RFIs, Directives, Change Orders, and Financial Status for each active project. Elevate issues to Project Manager as appropriate engage program manager, project controls, project schedulers, and engineers as needed
- Project Completion - Coordinate and lead Field Walk of completed work with Contractor, Operations and Project Manager for verification of completion and identification of punch list items. Review and Signoff on Final Contractor Submitted as built for accuracy. Resolve completion of punch list items, perform project reconciliation and ensure project materials are accurately accounted
Basic QualificationsWhat we're looking for:
- Eight years of experience in mechanical operations, mechanical contractor, or mechanical construction management
- Demonstrated experience with mechanical construction work practices, including trenching, directional boring, pipeline installation, valve installation, gas line installation and inspection and LOTO procedures and the ability to interpret design, drawings and specifications
- Experienced in Steel Pipe Inspection, Pipe Coating Inspection, Welding Inspection and Polyethylene Inspection.
- Proven experience with leading safety and ensuring contractor adherence to safety and regulatory requirements and willingness to STOP construction until safety issues are resolved
- Ability to multi task, highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work shifts as required for planned work and emergencies
- Working knowledge of applicable industry codes and regulations
Preferred QualificationsHow You Stand Out:
- Four years of leadership or supervisory experience
- Ten years of Gas Distribution and Transmission Operations Experience
- Gas Operator Qualifications (OQ) Certification
- Five years of experience in the construction of steel gas pipelines
- Knowledge of Contract Management Processes including bid development, bid award, contract change controls, RFIs, Directives and Change Orders
- Knowledge of Project Management scheduling and planning utilizing standard Project Scheduling Software.
- Proven experience with completing large complex mechanical and electrical projects on-time and on budget with full approved scope
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to observe, coach and document daily construction activities and observations, create asbuilts, note and communicate critical aspects of the Mechanical Construction
- Associate’s degree in a technical field
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Photo Imaging, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Photo Imaging, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.