Project Manager - Food & Beverage Operational & Safety Standards Development & DeliveryApply NowApply Later Job ID 10050494 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted May 26, 2023
As a Project Manager, you will support the planning and preparation of service standards, initiatives, safety standards and new service styles. You will gather, synthesize and interpret information from a variety of partners and help build projects for implementation. As the Food & Beverage business continues to evolve, you will assist into the integration of Safety, Technology and Service Excellence into the dining experience. To drive continuity in the Guest experience and leverage ‘best in class’ practices across the segment and industry standards, the role will develop the overarching approach to front of house service, to include quality assurance planning and influence leadership decisions.
You will report to the Senior Manager, Food & Beverage Operations Planning and Integration
The scope of the role includes Walt Disney World, with many projects impacting both operating and non-operating areas. This role has a significant level of visibility; an ideal candidate is comfortable working with various cross-functional groups and levels across the organization. Range of work can be highly complex and highly confidential in nature.
- Interpret current Walt Disney World Food and Beverage Operational and industry standards to influence the Development, Documentation, Sustainment, and Training integration for both existing and new operations.
- Collaborate with the Safety Organization to interpret, influence, develop and integrate Food and Cast safety standards.
- Subject matter authority who leads front of house service excellence development, representing the Food & Beverage business in the development and integration efforts for existing and new service styles.
- Leverage, influence and engage a broad audience of key stakeholders, partner groups and operations clients including but not limited to Safety, Revenue Management, Industrial Engineering, Consumer Insights, Workforce Management, Labor Relations, Legal, Advisory & Assurance, Operations Training, Communication and Documentation.
- Communicate with operators to maintain an understanding of priorities, business requirements, climate, environmental impacts, and overall landscape of conditions and attitudes affecting food and beverage operations.
- Understand business issues identified to improve site operations to interpret and develop plans to overcome barriers and business decisions.
- Support integration of new technology into the dining experience to ensure seamless service integration.
- Collaborate internally across the Food & Beverage Line of Business team to streamline client and partner interactions and drive connectivity.
- Influence and develop change management efforts at the client level.
- Maintain a visible presence across operations to observe, influence, implement, and assess implementation efforts.
- Consult and interpret on applicable Union contracts, conditions, and decisions that affect food and beverage operations.
- In partnership with key stakeholders and operating clients, design, influence, develop, document and integrate new and revised processes, standards and business rules.
- Lead project timelines and proactively identify constrained resources, conflicting priorities, and scheduling issues.
- Lead with a passion for safety, hospitality, and service.
- Minimum five years of Disney Food and Beverage leadership experience, in multiple styles of service
- Solid operational understanding of Walt Disney World Food and Cast Safety
- Ability to lead and integrate large scale, complex projects
- Proven influence, negotiation, communication, presentation, and public speaking skills
- Ability to handle large volume and a wide variety of competing priorities and tasks simultaneously
- Embrace and drive organizational change
- Proven ability to provide strategic and tactical leadership skills
- Ability to build consensus with internal and external stakeholders
- Positive relationship building and partnership skills
- Recognizing when projects need to involve multiple partners and decisions need to be made at other levels within the organization
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to pivot and thrive in a constantly evolving environment
- Understanding of labor relations and contract
- Passion for training and development of others
Minimum two years of project management experience along with experience integrating large-scale projects
Our Benefits: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.