Already applied?View Dashboard
Project Manager - Operations Research EngineeringApply Now Apply Later Job ID 737485BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 01/14/2020
- Demonstrates strong business acumen and the ability to develop and deliver rigorous technical and/or statistical analysis to quantify business case scenarios, options, and risks
- Serves as project manager for highly complex/ambiguous projects
- Effectively lead, inspire, motivate and grow a team of analytic professionals
- Mentor and coach team of analysts in the development and sustainment of forecasting, optimization and simulation models in production environments
- Partner with segment and site based operations, functional and analytics teams to sustain, innovate and benchmark current and future solutions
- Support and realize the full potential of the Labor Demand Planning System by interfacing with SAS development teams, managing SAS application systems user access and ensuring SAS processes and procedures are kept current and available for all users
- Maintain a strong understanding of the WDPR data environment, including new and emerging sources of data
- Minimum 5 Years experience
- Results and action orientation – ability to get work done in a timely fashion, handle multiple priorities, and perform job responsibilities accurately with minimal supervision
- Proactive verbal and written communicator who can interface with all levels of the company, including executives
- Ability to clearly communicate analytical concepts and results to a non-technical audience both in writing and verbally.
- Superior analytical ability, conceptual thinking, and creative problem solving skills, with proven forecasting credentials from econometric or operations research applications
- Ability to extract, validate, manipulate, and derive insight from large amounts of data from diverse sources.
- Willingness to keep current on latest analytical techniques and software applications
- Proven experience in project management
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical and analytical professionals
- Knowledge of WDPR workforce management processes and systems (labor demand planning, labor supply/staffing planning, scheduling, time recording)
- Experience in predictive, machine learning and statistical modeling using SAS, python or equivalent
- Experience in prescriptive modeling and optimization with CPLEX, Gurobi or equivalent optimization software
- Familiarity with simulation modeling methodology and tools such as Arena and AnyLogic.
- Knowledge of the WDPR data environment
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics)
- Advanced Degree in Operations Research/Industrial Engineering, Mathematics or Statistics
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.