Project Manager, Park Planning and Integration, Disney's Hollywood StudiosApply NowApply Later Job ID 10031036 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Nov. 21, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
The Project Manager (Park Maintenance Projects) supports the development and execution of business strategies, initiatives, and integration efforts. From project management to communication, the Project Manager coordinates activities, gains input from key partners, tracks milestones and deliverables, and helps to prepare the organization for implementation. The Park Maintenance Project Manager will work closely with the Park General Managers (Executives) and the Park Planning & Integration Team to support local strategies and global initiatives. This position reports to Manager, Park Planning and Integration.
- Support integration efforts for various Lines of Businesses' initiatives including new technologies and/or systems, solutions, and products.
- Collaborate with a broad audience of key stakeholders, partner groups and operations clients including but not limited to Revenue Management, Industrial Engineering, Operations Training, Documentation, Communication, Catering Operations, Sales & Services, Disney Event Group (DEG) and other strategic partners like Consumer Insight, Public Relations, Public Affairs, Safety Services, Advisory and Assurance, Labor Relations, Revenue Currency Control, WDI, Facility Asset Management and Other Lines of Business (Merchandise, Food & Beverage, Operations, Entertainment, etc.).
- Communicate with operators to maintain an understanding of priorities, business requirements, climate, environmental impacts, and overall landscape of conditions and attitudes affecting Lines of Businesses.
- Support change management efforts for seamless integration at the client level.
- Provide subject matter expertise and represent all businesses in the development of initiatives, products, processes, or strategies.
- Provide on-site support (as needed).
- In partnership with key stakeholders and operating clients, design, develop, document and integrate new and revised processes, standards and business rules.
- Facilitate dialogue with key partners to resolve issues when a complex understanding of operational processes, regulatory requirements, and WDP&R policy is required.
- Manage project timelines and proactively identify constrained resources, conflicting priorities, and scheduling issues.
- Collaborate with other park lines of business on Integrated Facility Planning (IFP) projects, MGOI projects and Direct Purchase Capital process in partnership with the Program Development Team, General Managers, Engineering Services, and Finance as needed.
- Relevant work experience in multiple industries.
- Understanding of operational processes, regulatory requirements, and WDP&R policies.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to handle large volume, competing priorities, and a wide variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to deconstruct, simplify and document complex content.
- Self-starter, recognizing when projects need to involve multiple partners and decisions need to be made at other levels within the organization.
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
- Proficiency with all basic Microsoft Office tools.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Working knowledge of internal systems such as GSS, A la Carte, Avail, Web BEO, Business Objects, SmartSheet, etc.
- Minimum of five (5) years operational leadership experience.
- Project management experience.
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.