Project Manager, Sr
Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 794452BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Jul. 09, 2021
Job Summary:The Disney Live Entertainment Costuming organization designs, develops, produces, stores and distributes operational and entertainment garments both domestically & internationally. The Costuming Project Manager provides support to a diverse group of clients ranging from Front-line Leaders to Executives.
This position is responsible for the end-to-end management of global Costuming initiatives, including the concurrent management of projects with multi-year durations and budgets ranging from small to many millions. The types of projects include, but are not limited to, developing new business applications and system integrations, identifying and evaluating new business models, driving globalization and new business opportunities, and process improvement.
- Establish project scopes, detailed business requirements, timelines, budgets and cash flows
- Serve as the primary liaison between multiple teams, including Finance, Strategic Sourcing, Legal, IT, and external vendors
- Right-size project management methodology and tool(s) to the individual needs of each project
- Successfully assesses project risks and formulates mitigation plans
- Foster relationships with business partners in our theme parks and resorts worldwide to influence and drive projects and best practice sharing across sites
- Provide briefings and status reports to executives, leaders and team members on a regular basis, identifying key milestones and critical path elements
- Continually review available resources to maintain first-hand knowledge of where resources can be best allocated
- Ensure proper project closure including retrospectives/lessons learned, documentation for all processes and systems, and final financial reporting
- Minimum three (3) years of relevant work experience in project management as a certified PM in large projects- PMP, Six Sigma Green Belt or higher, Agile.
- Hands-on experience with practices such as Agile, Kanban, Waterfall, as well as experience with pragmatic blending of styles to facilitate collaboration and delivery
- Demonstrated strong negotiation, partnering and influencing abilities that result in win/win agreements and outcomes
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills to achieve business results
- Proven facilitator that can lead project meetings and large workshops driving commitments, accountability, and deliverables
- Proven ability to deliver projects on-time and on-budget while communicating with executive leadership, sponsors and stakeholders
- Experience with project management tools such as Smartsheet, Jira and Confluence
- Experience with budget tracking and cost-benefit analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office
- Experience with data analytic tools such as Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), or Tableau
- Experience using Slack, Microsoft Teams or other similar collaboration tools
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Six Sigma Green Belt, Agile or PMP Certification
Additional Information:Our Benefits: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Entertainment Productions, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Disney Entertainment Productions is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.