Quality Assurance Lead
Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 844323BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Aug. 27, 2021
Job Summary:The QA Lead will "lead" the testing effort for multiple applications or products through the testing cycle. The QA Lead will build and implement test plans on pre-release/release versions of applications or products to detect and record product defects. We ask that you understand testing life cycles and experience with a variety of testing techniques. The QA Lead will be a conduit for their QA team for the project they are assigned to, ensuring a test process that releases the highest quality product possible, and completing these projects on time and within budget.
You will report to the QA Manager.
- Lead and mentor QA team members, and manage outside contract testers
- Attend meetings with partners and communicate QA needs and concerns
- Develop and meet testing budgets. Adjust staffing and ensure that all project hours are tracked and that they are following budgetary projections
- Create project test plans, test cases, and reports with production, development, and QA leaders
- Coordinate with Quality Engineers to Identify test areas in need of automation
- Create metrics affecting product and team quality.
- Keep proper documentation and audit trails regarding action taken against reported bugs, production requests and developer communications
- Check the bug database contents, bug reports, and TestRail suites
- Manage testing schedules, ensuring that the QA team meets expectations and deadlines
- Train and evaluate testing resources, including vendors
- Oversee approval of QA relevant project milestones and releases
- 2 years QA Sr Tester experience
- Coaching skills
- Experience working in an Agile Development methodology
- Proficient in Jira and TestRail or similar bug tracking database
- Develop creative testing procedures and materials
- Communicate a positive approach to Quality Assurance
- Written and verbal skills
- Prioritize multiple tasks
- Accounting knowledge (understanding royalties, credits, debits, actuals, and accruals)
- Code and programming experience
- Project management skills
- Solid knowledge of the Disney Brand
- Experience using SAP
- Associates Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent experience
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.