Regional General Manager - Value ResortsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 727557BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Dec. 13, 2019
We are seeking a seasoned hotelier with global hotel experience for the role of Regional General Manager – Value Resorts. The Regional General Manager will lead and drive the strategy for every aspect of our value properties including: Disney’s Art of Animation Resort (864 rooms/1,120 family suites), Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort (1,920 rooms), Disney’s All-Star Music Resort (1,704 rooms/215 family suites), Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort (1,920 rooms) and Disney’s Pop Century Resort (2,880 rooms). Our value resorts are home to more than 3,200 Cast Members.
The Regional General Manager is responsible for providing impactful leadership and support to the hotels, quality assurance, driving exceptional guest service standards and satisfaction, Cast Member development and engagement, and ongoing enhancement of service and quality improvements at the hotels. He/she will develop strategies to maximize the commercial potential to increase profits, reduce costs and continually transform our business to deliver world-class experiences to our guests.
Reporting to the Vice President of Resort Operations, the Regional General Manager will be based at and serve as the onsite leader of Disney’s All-Star Music Resort.
- Complete oversight for the P&L performance, cost controls, associate and guest satisfaction
- Effectively manage and control all operational expenses and seek and implement cost saving strategies
- Provide strategic and operational leadership to General Managers and their respective teams
- Mentor General Managers to ensure successful operation of their hotels; set short-term and long range goals in tandem with the Executive Team and General Managers to aid and achieve each property’s defined performance metrics
- Conduct regular property visits to ensure brand and ownership standards are being achieved
- Develop high performance teams focused on improving the overall Walt Disney World Resort experience and business performance metrics
- Drive the resort experience through deeper levels of integration and leverage strategic support partnerships to provide an exceptional hotel experience and level of service to our guests
- Liaise with the resorts line of business team - actively engage in pilots and promote future focused work
- Embrace change as an opportunity rather than as a burden to help the organization grow and thrive while nurturing skills of change management to help leaders and team through transitions
- Display commitment, forward-thinking, enthusiasm, transparency and sensitivity to the team’s needs to ensure Cast Members are empowered, positive and engaged
- Leverage a strong service orientation and a disciplined work ethic to inspire our Cast to exceed guest expectations every day
- 10+ years of progressive hotel leadership experience including global hotels and resorts
- Experience in multi-property hotel management and launching new hotel properties
- Proven track record driving change, innovation and service excellence through enabling the overarching strategy and driving results by utilizing creative sensibilities, strong business acumen and strategic thinking
- Demonstrated experience delivering operational excellence and leading businesses to strong financial performance with a proactive focus on anticipating diverse needs of our global consumers and ability to translate these needs into highly relevant and meaningful Guest experiences
- Proven leader who recognizes, retains and invests in the development of talent and the growth and satisfaction of the teams with ability to inspire, drive enthusiasm and teamwork with a commitment to excellence
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to diversity and inclusion including inviting diverse perspectives, fostering an inclusive work environment and supporting workforce diversity
- Demonstrated potential and/or ability to build and foster relationships with cross functional partners, lead in a collaborative style as well as communicate in an engaging, impactful manner
- Highly analytical, creative problem solver and a strong leader with ability to make sound decisions
- Possess unquestioned ethics and integrity
- Proven ability to benchmark both internally and externally to achieve best practices
- Previous experience leading a resort property as well as a team of general managers
- Previous regional hotel experience desirable
- Seasoned hotelier who has been part of transformational work or service brand transformation
- Bilingual or multi-lingual strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or related field
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.