Regional Master Planning ExecutiveApply Now Apply Later Job ID 733565BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Dec. 17, 2019
The Regional Master Planning Executive will serve as the on-site Master Planning representative for the Walt Disney World Resort and will be responsible for coordinating all master planning efforts across all focus areas of the practice. The Executive will provide support for and interact heavily with the Walt Disney World Resort senior leadership team, and will build and maintain daily client relationships and partnerships with the internal Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) project teams and creative portfolio leaders, WDW Global Business Development and Real Estate, Government Relations, Legal, Facilities & Operations Services, public agencies including Reedy Creek Improvement District and Reedy Creek Energy Services, as well as external regulatory agencies and consultants.
The Executive will be based at the Walt Disney World (WDW) Resort and will report to the Planning and Infrastructure Executive in Glendale. The Executive will be responsible to integrate and carry out the Studio’s global vison and processes.
- Represent the Master Planning Studio including resort land and urban planning with local senior leadership and chair Master Planning forums to review and drive alignment on key planning efforts
- Execute visioning efforts for future growth and development of the Florida site in partnership with senior leaders across Walt Disney Imagineering, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products, and the Walt Disney Company
- Provide strategic direction to ensure that the future development of the region is driving toward industry leading practices; identifying pertinent innovations, and developing new tools for integration of the master plan into the broader Walt Disney Company planning cycle
- Ensure updated land and urban development plans facilitate and proactively inform the capital plan
- Proactively and holistically craft evolving strategic master plan which inform leaders to make smart business decisions regarding new opportunities
- Manage support functions including onsite real estate land transactions, entitlement support and infrastructure planning
- Serve as project manager for new initiatives and ongoing projects and develop communication plans
- Represent WDI Master Planning and the WDW Resort on multiple government boards, community groups and associations as required
- Understands and exhibits strong business acumen, ensuring that project proposals/opportunities are supported by realistic business case analyses and align with both global and portfolio specific short and long term planning initiatives
- Oversee and facilitate strategic planning initiatives that range from infrastructure planning to entitlement/land use planning to real estate development and sustainment
- Ensure consistency and continuity as well as responsibility to create a culture of collaboration within the Master Planning Studio
- Evolve master plans in conjunction with practice area leaders to provide strategic updates to evaluate business opportunities
- Serve as a leader, mentor and coach and drive talent planning and development across the organization
- Minimum of 7 years related progressive leadership experience in urban planning, development, strategic planning, real estate development, business or related field
- Demonstrated expertise in Master Planning and high level conceptual planning for large scale developments or real estate expansions
- Demonstrated background interfacing with local, regional and federal development and regulatory entities
- Proven exceptional project management skills with demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced, matrix-based organization
- Demonstrated ability to build and foster relationships with cross functional partners and a diverse set of stakeholders, lead in a collaborative style as well as communicate in an engaging, impactful manner
- Demonstrated ability to influence, drive results, create organizational inspiration and teaming, resolve differences and improve team effectiveness
- Proven record of astute business judgment along with the mental agility and flexibility required in a dynamic work environment
- Management acumen with strong budgeting and financial skills
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Themed Entertainment experience
- Urban Land Institute, American Institute of Architects, or industry related professional membership
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning, Urban Design, Real Estate Development, Business or related field
- Master’s Degree in related field
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.