Java Engineer (RF - Radio Frequency)
Lake Buena Vista, FL - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 771170BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Dec. 28, 2020
The Disney Parks Experiences and Products (DPEP) Technology team combines custom technology solutions with creativity to produce robust applications that enhance all aspects of the guest experience. From one of the most sophisticated hotel reservation systems in the world to Disney Cruise Line shipboard systems, Disney Vacation Club member services, ticketing, PhotoPass, and even inventory applications to ensure we have the right number of Cast costumes. DPEP Technology seeks forward-thinking team members who are passionate about delivering a quality product and enjoy working closely with business partners on both strategic and tactical challenges.
This Engineer will be expected to play multiple critical roles for DPEP in regard to creation, implementation, and support of new IoT and RF installations. This Engineer will work with business partners to perform site walks, work on installation recommendations, hardware layout, sustainment planning, and oversee installation. This includes tuning, configuration, and field support for each of these components to ensure success.
As part of this role, this Engineer will also develop software for both the embedded device and services that the devices will interact with. This development will involve familiarity and the ability to switch between multiple languages and projects will the goal of building new software components that can be used by a variety of clients in multiple use cases.
As part of the IoT installation, this Engineer will need to be able to help troubleshoot and navigate network issues at multiple layers with multiple teams managing the network equipment and firewalls. The Engineer should be able to troubleshoot these issues as part of installation and support. They should have be able to understand and advise on basic topics from multiple disciplines of engineering.
Be a part of a transformative team and culture participating on team projects while learning and experiencing new technologies.
DPEP Technology seeks forward-thinking team members who are passionate about delivering a quality product, and enjoy working closely with business partners on both strategic and tactical challenges. Candidate should have good verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work independently as a self-starter, utilize good time management skills, and function well within a diverse team.
- Intermediate Experience with Java web services
- Experience with Golang/C/C++ in embedded applications
- Experience with Mender, Yocto, Bitbake or similar OS build/customization components
- Micro-service Architectures and design patterns
- Knowledge of Cloud/SaaS/PaaS preferably AWS
- Understanding of IoT and Edge Devices
- Systems Engineering and support experience
- Experience with Bluetooth
- Hand’s on experience with hardware and installations
- Physical infrastructure architecture and design of distributed systems
- Advanced network troubleshooting skills
- Ability to troubleshoot RF interference and design multi-component RF installations
- Demonstrated strong communication, design skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to be highly flexible to quickly changing business needs and new technologies
- Ability to follow existing programming and style guidelines to maintain consistent quality of code
- Ability to solve complex problems involving multiple systems
- Ability to process and build proof of concepts using new technology to assist in estimations
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering Field
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.