Safety ProfessionalApply Now Apply Later Job ID 858764BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 09/15/2021
- Provide safety and health support to assigned operational areas
- Interpret and apply safety and health programs, rules, and policies
- Assist Operational Leaders in preventing injuries, reducing risk, and assuring compliance in their areas by integrating applicable, sustainable and efficient safety processes into their businesses.
- Assess Safety and Health performance through data review, incident history, and audits.
- Promote necessary behavioral or environmental improvements, creatively, and cost-effectively.
- Help with Guest-related safety issues. Partner with different departments to help target improvements and reduce risks.
- Participate in the project review process to promote safety and health improvements in design phases.
- Know the importance of engaging appropriate partners on projects, plans, goal-setting.
- Inform Operations Leaders and Safety & Health Leadership of safety and health local, global, and industry issues, and safety best practices that impact our performance.
- Understand the business, its culture and challenges. Find opportunities to attend meetings, shadow leaders, and experience the work.
- Understand the daily challenges in producing "safe outcomes" for the Cast. Understand the internal processes that can be used to incorporate safety and health plans.
- Integrate appropriate safety and health messages into the existing communication vehicles. · Conduct necessary technical assessments and analyses to support the daily operations.
- Provide daily Safety Management System (incident investigation) review/feedback
- Provide "Daily Incident Log" review/feedback
- Attend area Operational Leadership Staff Meetings
- Participate in Safety committee meetings and ensure minutes are documented and follow up is occurring
- Conduct site walks with Area Leaders; incident investigations; job safety analyses; slip tests, light tests, noise surveys as-needed
- Partner with the Safety and Health Programs Team to conduct indoor air quality investigations
- Review safety scorecard and author quarterly trend analysis
- Help with OSHA complaints and inspections in your supported areas
- Attend project review meetings and walks
- Be the Safety & Health Duty Manager on a rotational basis
- Three or more years of demonstrated safety management experience. Appropriate combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Education in Occupational Safety, Environmental Health or relevant certifications will be considered.
- Bachelor's Degree
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.