Senior Accounting AssociateApply NowApply Later Job ID 10006319 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 28, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Participant Reporting Team prepares monthly, quarterly and year-to-date financial statements and analyzes variances to forecast, plan, and prior year. Typical responsibilities of a Senior Accounting Associate include completing recurring monthly financial reporting deliverables, quarter-end tasks, and other projects as assigned by Management.
- Supports the Participant Reporting Team.
- Active representative between Disney and the 3rd Party Operating Participants .
- Processes data provided by the Participant and other Disney Front of House systems to determine the rents and reimbursements due on a scheduled basis, based on the terms and conditions of the agreements.
- Oversees portfolio of accounts and all activity associated, including, but not limited to, billings, receivables, and dispute resolution.
- Ensures compliance with GAAP and SOX guidelines as well as various control and compliance procedures.
- 0-2 years accounting experience
- Knowledge of general accounting and internal controls
- Ability to prepare and present information to support decision making
- Strong analytical and writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
- Core fundamental knowledge required to assess reasonableness of business partner’s variance explanations
- Strong working knowledge of PC-based software applications, including Microsoft Office
- Internship experience
- Ability to plan and prioritize work and handle multiple priorities
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Identifies process improvement opportunities and provides solutions
- Ability to perform well in a fast paced environment
- Advanced excel skills
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.