Senior Agile Coach
Lake Buena Vista, FL - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 688502BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Partners Federal Credit Union Date posted 24/07/2019
As a mentor, the Sr. Agile Coach is responsible for guiding teams into the Agile methodology, providing Cast with feedback and means of improvement, catalyzing organizational growth and answering questions. You will provide hands-on support to all Cast, collaborating with people across widely varying levels and roles, leading teams toward further understanding and adoption of Agile as well as overall company growth and improvement.
The Sr. Agile Coach is responsible for designing and implementing a strategy for the organizational sustainment of Agile. This includes every stage, from new Cast on-boarding education, to fostering teams and cultures that practice Agile, to sustaining Agile methodologies and continually offering strategies for improvement. This task entails implementing Agile process, principles and practices across all levels and departments in an organization. The Sr. Agile Coach must use techniques that increase collaboration, predictability, transparency and promote a culture of experimentation and innovation. In order to do this, the Agile Coach will also embody the Agile principles and actively lead by example.
The Sr. Agile Coach will develop teams into high performing teams that create business and customer value. You represent the culture. You coach teams in consistently performing the Agile process and you coach the Scrum Masters and Product Owners on Agile Leadership. You show your added value using objectively verifiable and transparent reports about the professionalism of the Agile way of working and about the development of team performance.
As Sr. Agile coach, you will be responsible for leading customers in their journey to adopt Agile methodologies as their new way of working. Our teams will look to you as a strategic partner and thought leader as they continue to transition to Agile delivery methodologies as a means to innovate and deliver breakthrough experiences on behalf of our Members. This role is expected to deliver tangible solutions using lean principles, iterative agile development, multi-functional teams and lightweight development concepts. The role of a Senior Agile Coach will be to apply agile methods to assemble and deliver user-friendly solutions and experiences across key Member journeys at Partners Federal Credit Union (e.g. Apply, join, deepen, etc.) To be successful in this role, you should have prior experience handling end to end delivery with specific experience in managing projects that use mobile technologies, open source and cloud technologies and, crucially, will have practical agile development experience.
This position may have direct reports at some point.
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant work experience
- 7+ years of delivery lead, hands-on work experience as Certified Scum Master / Coach (Scrum, Kanban, and Lean Concepts) delivering Agile projects (planning, execution and team management).
- 5+ years of large-scale Agile transformation and delivery. Highly proficient in Agile practices and able to clearly coach teams and programs at varying maturity levels.
- 5+ years of relevant financial industry experience
- 5+ years of strategic program and/or project work experience
- Subject matter expertise related to Credit Union Operations and/or technology preferred
- Proven experience, with a successful track record of delivering, using iterative / Agile methodology (e.g. SAFe / LeSS / SCRUM / XP)
- Proven knowledge and experienced in the technology field, technology project delivery.
- Effective and efficient trainer that inspires students with a proven ability to teach new concepts to challenging audiences, continuously teaching teams how to handle and execute against increasingly challenging goals “Performing with Flow”.
- Direct experience coaching and influencing when teams are not co-located.
- Proven facilitator that can lead sessions and workshops driving commitments, accountability, and deliverables. Candidate should possess Executive Level Presentation Skills.
- Demonstrated exceptional critical thinking, strategic planning, and process management skills.
- Demonstrated experience with multiple software development lifecycle methodologies (focused on Agile, Lean).
- Experience conceptualizing and teaching “Systems Thinking” ie. Holistic approach to analysis that focuses on the way that a system's constituent parts interrelate and how systems work over time and within the context of larger systems.
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills and the ability to work effectively across a wide range of constituencies in a diverse corporate and client environment
- Leadership - Demonstrates leadership through skillful and effective written and oral communication. Undertakes continuous self-development of both functional and leadership skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to deal effectively with conflicting priorities and change
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work well both independently as well as part of a high performing team
- Partners well with all levels of stakeholders; ability to work effectively across organizational boundaries and at multiple levels of the organization
- Self-motivated, positive attitude
- Member focused
- Strong interpersonal skills and influencing tactics
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Certified Scrum Master and Certified Scrum Coach
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Visio
- Demonstrated strong working knowledge of Agile concepts such as SCRUM, SCRUM @ Scale, Khanban, TDD, etc.
- Prior experience coaching teams in Agile Sustainment
- PMI Certification – PMP
- Six Sigma
- Proficiency in Jira and Confluence or other Agile Development Management Tools
- Familiarity with various related operating, improvement and compliance frameworks such as ITIL, Six Sigma, Lean, and PMI
- Some background or coursework in Computer Science
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, related field or equivalent work experience
About Partners Federal Credit Union:
For more than 50 years, Partners Federal Credit Union has delivered The Partners Difference to our more than 125,000 members, with the highest levels of service, value, access and convenience. Plus, a full array of financial products you’ll find at the biggest banks, including savings, checking, loans, wealth management and the latest in innovative account access. And always with an exclusive connection to The Walt Disney Company that ensures a level of quality unsurpassed in banking. Partners is truly Cast Members serving Cast Members, creating a genuine bond and commitment to service that no other financial institution can match. Join and discover that at Partners, we honor membership for life — because members can confidently rely on us at every stage of it. And because of our connection to The Walt Disney Company, every person who works for Partners is also a Disney Cast Member/employee.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Partners Federal Credit Union.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.