Senior Civil Engineer- Infrastructure ProgramApply Now Apply Later Job ID 822557BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 09/27/2021
It’s a given that our Sr. Civil Engineers have the technical expertise to do their jobs well. We’re looking for professionals who are thirsty for diverse experiences, who are eager to learn and who are confident they can maintain the exacting standards for which The Walt Disney Company is revered. If this sounds like you, please apply today!
This position will report to the Manager, Programs-Infrastructure & Planning.
You’d join a team that, pure and simple, keeps the property humming so our Guests can have fun. Our engineers’ work satisfies multiple needs. One day they may be acting in a “sustaining” role, which means they are “first responders” when issues arise; they’re also tasked with supporting ongoing maintenance and control. They must possess the technical knowledge to recognize when a problem is developing and the confidence to initiate immediate action. Other days they may be more project-oriented, working on planned renovations identified as a part of the ongoing improvement; they often work with Disney’s famous Imagineers on designing civil engineering infrastructure or providing subject matter expertise through peer review for new or refurbished attractions. Other days they are developing strategies and programs for the ongoing maintenance and enhancement of the infrastructure assets. These professionals must be adept at creating new civil site, utility, and transportation infrastructure and at improving existing systems with operational and reliability enhancements.
All of our engineers are encouraged to move between the three roles and work on different projects; sometimes they’re even called to assist at Disney Parks and Resorts around the globe.
Every day as a Sr. Civil Engineer with the Infrastructure Program Development team is different! On any given day, you might:
• Provide Civil Engineering infrastructure support to multiple stakeholders and partners across property as an individual contributor or as part of a larger team
• Strategically plan the development, management, and maintenance of a GIS asset management system utilizing ArcGIS and utility analysis software such as ICPR or Innovyze InfoSWMM or InfoWater
• Utilize the Asset data and analysis to build investment strategies for the maintenance and enhancements to property-wide utility infrastructure;
• Provide root cause analysis with solution options, risks and recommendations to senior leadership
• Provide subject matter expertise for Civil Engineering Infrastructure associated codes and regulations such as SFWMD, FDEP, FDOT, Florida Greenbook/MUTCD, EPCOT Building, Florida Accessibility, RCID Land Development Regulations
• Interface with outside vendors, local regulatory agencies, Disney leaders, and fellow cast members
• Keep up-to-date on the latest developments in civil engineering technology, equipment and materials
• Enjoy the perks and benefits of working for The Walt Disney Company, including movie screenings, deep discounts on things you can really use, and free entry to our Parks using your Gate Pass!
Basic Qualifications• Sr. Civil Engineer with 10+ years diverse experience in the land development, public utility, and municipal engineering with design experience in site layout, grading, drainage, wet utilities (potable water and sanitary sewer), storm water management, erosion and sedimentation control
• Registered Professional Engineer (PE) in State of Florida, or ability to obtain within 3-months of hire
• Expertise with industry codes and standards associated with new development and re-development including associated environmental regulations
• Expertise with Wet Utility Capacity Modeling & Analysis
• Expertise with Water and Sanitary Sewer collection and distribution system design
• Expertise with completing and peer reviewing H&H Analysis
• Proficient with ArcGIS, AutoCAD Civil3D, and with select hydraulic modeling software including ICPR, Innovyze InfoSWMM or Innovyze InfoWater
• Experienced in performing peer reviews
• Experience with storm and/or sanitary sewer system maintenance, rehabilitation, and strategic planning including lift station performance evaluation and modifications
• Experience with potable water system maintenance and strategic planning
• Experienced preparing calculations and reports for water quality management plans including best management practices and storm water pollution prevention plan
• Thorough understanding of various types of Field Surveys to enable design and construction
• Experienced in ordering, reviewing, and evaluating Geotechnical studies for civil infrastructure and site design
• Experienced managing outside consultants/vendors
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Function comfortably in a matrix organization
Preferred Qualifications• Experience with groundwater dewatering design and permitting process
• Experience with environmental site mitigation
• Active member of related professional and technical societies
• Familiarity with Revit applications
Required Education• A Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering required
Preferred Education• A Master’s degree in an advanced Engineering field is not a requirement for consideration
• We greatly value service in any of the US Armed Forces
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.