Senior Consultant, Benefits Data InsightsApply NowApply Later Job ID 10015615 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States / Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 20, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Senior Consultant, Benefits Data Insights is responsible for providing analytical, data management, and benchmarking support for multiple benefits initiatives and day-to-day operations. This position will support all functions of Enterprise Benefits, including Healthcare, Retirement, Paid Time Off, Vendor Management, Strategy, Policies, and Well-Being. The Benefits Data Insights Senior Consultant will partner with internal and external resources to design and execute complex analytical projects, and to design and maintain reports using various data platforms and software applications.
- Advocate all pillars of holistic Well-Being (Physical, Emotional, Financial, and Social).
- Performs analysis of healthcare claims, health assessment data, retirement data, paid time off data, and other benefits data.
- Coordinates with stakeholders, vendors, and benefits team members to complete analytical projects. Partners with carriers, vendors, and business segments to assemble required data elements, extract data, and develop insights.
- Leverages various technology platforms, databases, and visual analytics software to perform data acquisition, consolidation, and analysis. Applies subject matter expertise to draw conclusions and insights from analytical results.
- Maintains integrated database(s) and is power user of sophisticated analytical decision-making tools that support evaluation of benefits programs and vendor effectiveness.
- Assists with implementation of new tools and analytical platforms, such as development of functional requirements, data feed specifications, user acceptance testing, and design of reports and dashboards.
- Provides support for vendor relationships, financial reviews, contracting, operational decisions, benefits delivery models, marketing, vendor integration, data reviews, and other initiatives that arise.
- Responsible for day-to-day data analysis, reporting and process improvement.
- Assists with analysis and insights of benefits-related DE&I initiatives and best practice.
- Conducts regular analyses of demographics, industry trends, and program utilization.
- Primary data consultant for supporting on-site medical centers and direct-contract healthcare agreements.
- Prepares reports, data and/or financial analyses, or other information for use in executive presentations.
- Assists with benefit program benchmarking (including plan design and cost sharing) to evaluate market relevance and recommend changes.
- Perform analysis of benefits plan designs (i.e. medical, dental, vision, retirement, paid time off, disability plans) to support mergers & acquisitions, plan design changes, organizational restructuring, new programs, and other Company initiatives.
- Model financial impacts of “what if” scenarios (i.e., transfers, re-orgs, plan design changes, mergers & acquisitions)
- Develop and maintain engagement reporting and dashboard to assist with communication strategy.
- Lead data gathering with consultants and various internal cross-functional partners to provide benefits data support for the life cycles of multiple Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Develop and maintain a database of various benefits-related data elements across multiple Collective Bargaining Agreements in SAP and Workday.
- Executes ongoing benefits-related eligibility and entitlement reporting; partners with Labor Relations, HRIS, and Payroll to ensure timely compliance with Collective Bargaining Agreement language.
- 5+ years of experience with data analytics in an Employee Benefits, Human Resources, or Finance field
- Working knowledge of the healthcare industry and retirement industry regulations and practices as well as familiarity with various other benefit types
- Demonstrated experience with actuarial projections and statistical forecasting processes with an understanding of financial aspects of benefits programs
- Experience working with confidential data and protecting data confidentiality, including compliance with HIPAA, various data sharing agreements, NDA agreements and other contractual and legal requirements
- Adept with MS Access, Excel, and other data management software, including the demonstrated ability to build and maintain custom database solutions to support ongoing analysis and reporting
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and project management software
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in decentralized matrix organization with colleagues at various levels
- Experience with Cedar Gate, SAP, Workday, Tableau, Fidelity PSW
- Experience supporting Benefits, HR, or Finance in a large, complex organization
- Knowledge of health care provider networks, contract negotiation, and administration
- Experience with analysis of retirement & financial wellness programs, including actuarial valuation and program utilization reviews
- Experience with data warehouse environments, including data maintenance and programming dashboards and reports
- Working knowledge of medical claims coding processes
- Experience with financial processes used in employee benefits accounting and budgeting, including calculations of savings models and Return on Investment (ROI)
- Experience supporting Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Experience with paid time off policies and analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including data visualization
- Detail oriented and extremely high work ethic
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Customer-focused and solutions oriented
- High energy, self-starter accustomed to adapting to multiple competing priorities
- Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical or actuarial field, business, or equivalent work experience
- Master’s Degree (MBA, MA, MPH, MS)
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) or related certifications (Group Benefits Associate or Retirement Plans Associate)
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney HR Strategies & Services, LLC, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney HR Strategies & Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.