Senior Cyber Security Engineer
Lake Buena Vista, FL - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 712546BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 11/10/2019
Job Summary:Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts to apps, books, console games and much more. The business is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, leading retail and e-commerce businesses – Disney store and shopDisney.com – as well as renowned artists, storytellers and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.
Are you excited at the prospect of keeping millions of customers’ data safe? Are you passionate about helping customers protect their most precious memories? Security is the #1 concern of customers storing their memories in Disney. If you're excited by security at massive scope, cloud computing, significant customer impact, big data, and securing scalable systems that process massive amounts of data, we want to talk to you!
We are looking for an expert Senior Security Engineer to ensure that our applications are designed and implemented to the highest standards in order to maintain and enhance customer trust. You will participate in security audits, risk analysis, vulnerability testing and security reviews.
- Application security reviews
- Secure architecture design
- Threat modeling
- Identifying security issues and risks, and developing mitigation plans
- Projects and research work as needed
- Security training and outreach to internal development teams
- Security guidance documentation
- Security tool development
- Security metrics delivery and improvements
- Participating in incident handling
- Evaluating and recommending new and emerging security products and technologies
Basic Qualifications:· 5+ years of experience in application-level vulnerability testing and auditing
· 5+ years of application security experience, threat hunting, penetration testing, sensitive information protection experiences
· Advanced knowledge of security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, application security
· Experience with the application of threat modeling or other risk identification techniques
· Development experience in C, C++ and/or Java
· Experience with scripting (e.g. python, ruby, bash)
· Experience working effectively with software engineering teams
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with service-oriented architecture, web services, and mobile application security.
- Experience in reviewing complex systems design/code for security best practices and compliance with industry standards
- Detailed knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques, including penetration testing and the development of exploits
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
- Knowledge of Linux systems and operating system internals
- Distributed systems development experience
- Strong and creative problem solving abilities
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
- Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, or 4+ years relevant work experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Parks, Experiences and Products, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.