Senior Data Engineer
Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 821491BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Jul. 14, 2021
Job Summary:A Senior DS&E Engineer will create data and reporting solutions using batch-oriented and real-time streaming data pipelines inside AWS and other cloud environments. A person in this role will create new data workloads/applications, and also migrate applications from On-Premise Ecosystem to Cloud Data lakes. Implement, troubleshoots, and optimizes distributed solutions based on modern big data technologies like SQL, S3, Glue, MSK, Starburst Presto, Snowflake, Redshift. to solve large scale processing problems in a Cloud DW environment. Design syndicated and curated data views that will be used for reporting, analytics, and advanced applications. Apply technical expertise and mathematical concepts to challenging programming, design, and machine learning problems. Technical solutions are focused on the Media and Entertainment domain, specifically in Theme Park Ticketing and Resorts. Experience with an agile / scrum environment. You will report to Decision Science and Engineering studio manager
- Develop production grade syndicated and curated data views, assist with architecture decisions, deployment and feedback.
- Develop data pipelines in the AWS cloud environment
- Debug and troubleshoot across broad technical stack
- Product ownership and strong business support in theme park ticketing space
- Work with a variety of partner groups across Disney Parks and Resorts to implement optimal technical solutions
- Provide data and system analysis needed for feature engineering on Machine Learning projects
- 2+ years of experience with Python development.
- 2+ years of experience with AWS S3, Glue/Spark, MSK, Redshift, Snowflake, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in software development in an agile environment.
- 5+ years of experience with SQL.
- 5+ years of experience working in large Data Warehousing environments
- Mathematical background relevant to Machine Learning concepts
- Production experience with DevOps Tools like: Terraform, Chef, Anisle, Docker, Jenkins.
- Understanding of security at rest and in transit for big data pipelines.
- Data analysis skills, ability to determine impacts,
- Experience with NoSQL databases, and ability to obtain insights from unstructured data formats.
- Strong systems and data analysis experience with testing in data space.
- Strong domain knowledge of ticketing and entitlement systems. Experience with architecture, design, data models, eventing infrastructure, and implementation details
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Distributed Computing, Machine Learning, Mathematics or related field
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.