Senior Decision Science Product Consultant (Personalization)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10018807 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 23, 2023
The Disney Decision Science + Integration (DDSI) organization provides internal consulting services for clients across The Walt Disney Company including the Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products segment, which include Parks & Resorts both domestic and international, Consumer Products and Disney Signature Experiences, as well as the Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution segment, which include Studios Content (Disney Theatrical Group), General Entertainment Content, and ESPN and Sports Content.
The Decision Science Product team in DDSI leverages advanced analytics, technology, optimization, statistical, and econometric modeling to explore opportunities, shape business decisions, and drive business value. Our work includes conceptualizing new solutions, solution design and development, partnering with decision scientists, data engineers, and application developers, implementation (and integration with business processes), and ongoing business support to maximize profitability and improve the value proposition for our Guests, Cast Members, and Shareholders.
To be successful in this role, you would be data-driven and business-minded, and you would like to turn business questions into data analysis to find solutions. In this position, you will transform data into meaningful business insights. The role will include working with analytically-minded peers, where you are expected to contribute to and challenge the current knowledgebase. A typical day will be integrating data together, writing new code, and working with your project team and clients to develop business strategies. You will find ways to improve on existing solutions by creating and testing the performance of alternatives. You should enjoy working with partners to brainstorm ways to better support business decisions, and developing, managing, and improving analytical solutions.
- Internal Consultant – You will act as a Company-wide consultant, with particular focus on Walt Disney World platforms, leveraging advanced analytics and complex science models to solve business problems and drive business value
- Problem Solver – When presented with new challenges, you will research and network to find solutions, evaluated within the context of business impact.
- Technical Lead – You will extract data for analysis, seek out answers to business problems, engineer software solutions, and look for opportunities to automate processes.
- Business Partner – You will support communication with stakeholders, seek to learn, understand, or potentially challenge processes in order to create greater efficiencies and benefits.
- Solution Implementer – You will work in a team environments to identify and capture system requirements, design and implement solutions, craft and lead a plan to test requirements, and measure performance of the solutions.
- Storyteller – Through polished presentations, deliver and effectively communicate key insights, findings, and recommendations in a concise, actionable, and efficient manner.
- Minimum of two years of progressively complex experience in analytical product management
- Strong written and oral communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn and understand business context, problem-solve and recommend decisions that are valuable and executable
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adapt to a rapidly changing business environment
- Ability to build trust and partnerships across various teams and functions, understanding the importance of change management
- Demonstrated experience performing exploratory and quantitative analysis and contributing to solution design
- Experience with statistical methods, forecasting, segmentation, modeling, or machine learning
- Proficiency acquiring, organizing, cleansing and manipulating large amounts of data
- Demonstrated experience developing data visualizations that highlight outliers or drive business actions
- Ability to document business processes, determine functional requirements, and turn them into technical specifications
- Demonstrated experience in technical debugging and root cause assessment
- Experience in automating existing processes
- Ability to simplify complex analytics into recommendations that are easily understood and executable
- Experience with SQL, Python, or R
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Ability to learn business-specific software
- Experience with the fields of travel and hospitality, revenue management, pricing, personalization, or digital marketing
- Experience working with big-data platforms
- Experience with the software development life cycle
- Experience assisting peers with technical learning
- Two+ years experience with Tableau
- Two+ years experience with SQL and Python
- Two+ years experience leveraging advanced analytical methods
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Data Mining, Analytics, or equivalent
Master's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Data Mining, Analytics, Management Science, or equivalent
This is a partial hybrid role with job responsibilities that need to be performed four days a week onsite in the Orlando, FL area and 1 day a week offsite from home. Commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee's personal responsibility.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.