Senior Financial Analyst, Global LicensingApply NowApply Later Job ID 856633BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Disney Licensing Date posted Sep. 07, 2021
|Disney’s Consumer Products, Games & Publishing (CPGP) division is the business of The Walt Disney Company that brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games; as well as multiple franchise brands including Disney, Pixar, Star Wars, Marvel, and National Geographic. CPGP comprises four main lines of business: Licensing, Retail, Games and Publishing. It is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail/ecommerce business (Disney Store & shopDisney), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.|
The CPGP Division Finance team is a fast-paced, dynamic team with responsibilities for division-wide financial planning, including forecasts, annual plan and long range plan; monitoring of division/business unit operating performance; franchise planning and various special projects. The group is also charged with developing presentations to inform division Senior Management regarding forecasted financial performance and business trends.
Responsibilities:This position is ideal for a finance professional who possesses strong strategic, analytical, and interpersonal skills. Across all responsibilities, the Senior Financial Analyst will be challenged to support high level decision making by developing and improving processes and financial models, and working effectively with teammates, various lines of business and international partners
Responsibilities include supporting the following key functions:
- Support the financial strategy and management for the Marvel team and the cross-brand Softlines team. Pull and analyze big data to form and present professional recommendation to senior management
- Support forecasting, budgeting, and short & long term business planning
- Support the completion of ad-hoc analysis
- Create detailed analysis for presentations and reporting packages to CPGP and DPEP Senior Management teams
- Consolidation, analysis, and review of Domestic and International financial submissions. Built relationships and ask necessary questions to fully understand the content of the submission
- Collaborate with international finance teams outside of CP to develop deep understanding of allocations sent to CP
- Support process efficiencies by leveraging tools such as Excel, Cognos and other tools
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in an analytical discipline
- Minimum 2-3 years of robust financial analysis in fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail, demonstrated ability to create executive level deliverables
- Strong working knowledge of finance and accounting is a must
- Extensive experience in Excel and PowerPoint required (Experience with data consolidation tools (Cognos, SAP preferred)
- Effective communicator. Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills, experienced in building relationships with teams, and strong organizational skills
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Service oriented individual who wants to help and push the team forward
- Self-starter who excels in a team environment and who challenges the status quo by continually searching for opportunities to improve internal processes
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.