Senior Financial Analyst, PublishingApply NowApply Later Job ID 824873BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Disney Publishing Worldwide Date posted Sep. 13, 2021
Disney Publishing Worldwide develops original, award-winning Learning and Storytelling content for Disney, Marvel, Lucas and own-created brands, which fuels both DPEP and TWDC. It is considered the largest children’s publishing brand in the world.
The Publishing Finance team is seeking a motivated Senior Financial Analyst to support the FP&A and ad hoc analysis functions of the vertical businesses within Disney Publishing Worldwide.
- Support planning across key business cycles: Annual Operating Plan, Long-Term Strategic Plan, Monthly Forecasts and Monthly/Quarterly Close, including the preparation of presentations to Publishing and DPEP Executive teams and financial deliverables to Disney Publishing Global teams
- Support all aspects of the P&L, including revenues, costs and managed operating income as well as inventory management of the vertical businesses globally
- Be the key Finance liaison to editorial and production teams and review title acquisition and Call-to-Print P&Ls
- Perform ad-hoc benchmark reporting and deep dive analysis to support business growth strategies
- Maintain and streamline current financial reports, and develop new tools to provide business insights and enable decision support for both Finance and Operations
- Utilize multiple systems and tools, including Excel, PowerPoint, TM1, Cognos and SAP
- Drive efficiency through process improvements, including constant update, revision and creation of financial models, templates and planning process
- Report directly to a Finance Manager
- 3+ years of Financial, Planning & Analysis work experience
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with attention to detail and deliverable timeline
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in MS applications, specially Excel and PowerPoint; prior experience with COGNOS and SAP preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of balance sheet, income statement and cash flow drivers
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and prioritize work with tight deadlines
- Able to work autonomously, take directions and inputs from partners locally and remotely
- Willingness to take on initiatives and learn new systems and applications
- Be a team player and build strong relationships across Finance teams, lines of business and Publishing community
- Bachelors Degree
- Bachelors in Finance, economics, or Accounting
About Disney Publishing Worldwide:
Disney Publishing Worldwide helps bring our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games.The business is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Publishing Worldwide.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.