Senior Financial Reporting AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 10001792 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 20, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
This is an intermediate level professional position that requires an in-depth knowledge and experience of accounting and operating processes. Senior Financial Accounting Analysts / Senior Financial Reporting Analysts are expected to use best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services. They solve complex problems, work independently, and act as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
This role will be supporting the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) Segment of The Walt Disney Company in one of many capacities – either through Segment Reporting, Business Unit Reporting, or one of the many dynamic functional roles which may focus on Capital Reporting, Financial Instruments, Balance Sheet Accounting, Leases, Fixed Assets, Cost Center Reporting, and more.
DPEP businesses include the Theme Parks & Resorts, Experiences (Disney Cruise Line, Disney Vacation Club, Adventures & Expeditions, and StoryLiving by Disney), and Consumer Products (Retail, Games, Publishing, & Licensing).
Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for the day-to-day general ledger accounting and reporting activities for assigned clients
· Responsible for the preparation, coordination, review and analysis of the management reporting processes for month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close for assigned client
· Provide support and assist with ad hoc requests/special projects for team objectives
More About this Role
- Business Expertise Understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways
- Knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others
- Aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Leadership Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- May lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Work Complexity and Problem Solving Completes moderately complex to complex tasks and projects requiring independent initiatives
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Communication and Customer Service Relationships Resource integrator – builds professional networks and identifies and connects resources to achieve goals. Regularly contributes actionable ideas in brainstorming and planning sessions.
- May maintain communication with both internal and external contacts
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years relevant accounting experience
- Experience with SAP preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.