Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Financial Systems Analyst - Project HireApply Now Apply Later Job ID 710752BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 07, 2019
The Senior Financial Analyst (Project Hire - 6 month assignment) will gather report requirements, develop and maintain reports & analytics, data models, and data integration supporting the TWDC BRIM implementation for DTCI and Disney+. Ensuring that the information contained within the reports created is accurate and timely in their availability.
The ideal candidate should have strong BI reporting and database knowledge (e.g. MSSQL and/or SAP HANA) Experience with reporting system implementations at a Corporate or Segment level will be a plus. This candidate should also be familiar with current business analytics and technology infrastructure best practices and be able to partner with a variety of organizations to support and improve existing business processes.
Responsibilities:This person will report to the Financial Systems Manager, Data Management
- Assists in fulfilment of long term reporting strategy for Financial Systems and related processes
- Identify trends, process/system opportunities and recommends corrective action
- Assists in the Development and maintenance of data models, data integration, databases, reports & analytics supporting the WDPR Finance reporting and business requirements.
- Partner closely with the Finance Reporting team to enable the Finance vision of Business Intelligence for WDPR.
- Ensure that the information contained within the databases created is accurate and timely in their availability.
- Recommends improvements to process improvement/reengineering initiatives
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of business specific objectives
- Manages multiple complex projects for Reporting area.
- Assists in the design, resource management, implementation of projects and process improvements for the Parks and Resorts Segment
- Effectively communicates with management, stakeholders, subject matter experts and project team members.
- Assists in developing project infrastructure for team (i.e. templates, project management methodology and execution)
- Proactively adapts plans and priorities to meet service and/or operational challenges
- Works with team to participate in resolution of day-to-day technical/procedural challenges.
- Impacts the level of service and the team’s ability to meet quality, volume, and timeliness objectives
- Guided by policies, resource requirements, budgets and the business plan
Process Support and Governance
- Uses knowledge of data architecture to effectively enable business requirements for reporting
- Applies expert knowledge and understanding of using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) including: server management: setup, configure, maintain and administer connections, credentials, subscriptions, report models and reports
- Utilizes knowledge of MicroSoft SQL Server databases: ETL and data architect skills as well as advanced table, View, and Stored Procedure creation and optimization.
- Proficiency in the BusinessObjects suite of reporting tools, including but not limited to Webi, Analysis, Dashboards, and Lumira
- Uses experience with standard web development tools utilized in the creation for websites and web enabled dashboards
- Proactively identifies issues (data or process) and ensures that appropriate action is taken to resolve issues and communications are sent to keep the end user audiences informed and updated
- Manages the strategy for end user support and training. This includes request management (incidents/system enhancements) and training (standard materials, course design and delivery)
- Deliver consistent, timely and relevant internal communications and trainings to client base
- Collaborates and solves problems – works with others to resolve significant issues, clarify or interpret complex information, provide initial screening/negotiations.
- Maintains communications with both internal and external contacts
- Communicates with finance managers at the same or higher levels on matters of considerable complexity
- Concisely develops and delivers key information; ability to develop well laid out presentations
- Develops a logical and persuasive approach and outline for a presentation; knows how to vary format, structure and content to suit various audiences
- Conveys relevant information in a timely and concise manner
- Demonstrated experience in BI reporting tools sets
- Proven experience in DWBI with a focus on data warehousing, and data integration
- Experience in data modeling
- Demonstrated VBA coding experience
- Ability to create efficient reports in a variety of BI tools
- Demonstrated experience in the Software Development Lifecycle
- Proven experience in BI development
- Experience in report requirements gathering
- Experience in data modeling and physical database creation using SQL Server
- Demonstrated VBA coding experience
- Demonstrated Excel experience
- Experience in using Business Objects, Cognos and/or other reporting tools
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to employ various styles, as necessary
- Demonstrated Excel experience
- Experience with Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau and Power BI
- PMP or other professional project management certification
- Six Sigma certification
- Bachelor's Degree
- Business, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Information Systems, or a related field
- Graduate Degree
- Business, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Information Systems, or a related field (e.g., MBA, MIS)
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.