Senior Financial Systems AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 714233BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 21, 2019
The Senior Financial Systems Analyst is responsible for assisting the Director, Financial Systems with the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control, and completion of specific financial systems projects related to the integration of new businesses and transformation for the Company.
Responsibilities of this role may include consulting with a wide variety of stakeholders, gathering and documenting requirements & information, liaising with functional and technical teams across the enterprise, process mapping, project planning, preparing status reports, maintaining budgets, preparing executive level presentations, coordinating meetings, and overall project management. Knowledge of supported business processes, the related data and systems is highly valued. Experience with highly matrixed organizations is required. Periodic, project-related business travel may be required.
- Assist in the design, resource management, implementation and support of finance system solutions for Segments and the Enterprise as part of the Integration & Transformation program
- Assist in maintaining project infrastructure for team (i.e. templates, project management methodology and execution)
- Develop project plans with specific goals, strategy, schedules, identification of risks, contingency plans and allotment of resources for each phase of the project
- Use creativity and analytical thinking to evaluate solution alternatives and develop recommendations
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule
- Monitor project results against objectives, milestones and scope
- Work with leaders to develop training, reference guides and communications
- Liaise with Enterprise Technology to drive project planning for system enhancements
- Effectively communicate with management, stakeholders, subject matter experts and project team members
- Efficiently summarize information to articulate the essence of complex issues
- Regularly interact with senior management and executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or clients
- Concisely develop and deliver key information; ability to develop well laid out executive presentations
- Develop a logical and persuasive approach and outline for a presentation; knows how to vary format, structure and content to suit various audiences
- Convey relevant information in a timely and concise manner
- Provide periodic update on project status to senior leadership via executive updates
- Think beyond area of responsibility and understand how projects integrate with or impact the Enterprise
- Promote teamwork both internally and externally
- Manage team resources and ensure they are utilized appropriately
- Support productivity and morale of the team
- Positively confront issues and resolve conflict with sound judgment
- Define a clear vision and motivate others to embrace change
- Plan and develop potential successors
- At least ten years professional work experience
- Experience working within a matrix organization of a large multinational company
- Experience creating and delivering executive-level presentations using PowerPoint, including demonstrated excellence in creating visuals (must provide samples)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience partnering with key stakeholders
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, and Project
- Past experience bringing about and/or influencing change
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle multiple priorities, and perform job responsibilities accurately with minimal supervision
- High level energy, self-direction and motivation
- Positive outlook, mindset and projection of positive / can-do attitude
- Five years of experience managing staff
- Operational experience in finance/accounting or information systems
- Formal process improvement, project management or business analysis accreditation (e.g. LEAN Six Sigma, Black/Green Belt, PMP®, TQM or similar)
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent work experience in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, Business, or a related field
- Graduate Degree
- Masters of Project Management
- Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Information Systems, or a related field (e.g., MAC, MBA, MIS)
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.