Senior Financial Systems Analyst
Lake Buena Vista, FL - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 723310BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 08/11/2019
This person will report to the Financial Systems Manager, Fin Sys-Reporting & Sec
- Assists in fulfilment of long term reporting strategy for Financial Systems and related processes
- Identify trends, process/system opportunities and recommends corrective action
- Assists in the Development and maintenance of data models, data integration, databases, reports & analytics supporting the WDPR Finance reporting and business requirements.
- Partner closely with the Finance Reporting team to enable the Finance vision of Business Intelligence for WDPR.
- Ensure that the information contained within the databases created is accurate and timely in their availability.
- Recommends improvements to process improvement/reengineering initiatives
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of business specific objectives
- Manages multiple complex projects for Reporting area.
- Assists in the design, resource management, implementation of projects and process improvements for the Parks and Resorts Segment
- Effectively communicates with management, stakeholders, subject matter experts and project team members.
- Assists in developing project infrastructure for team (i.e. templates, project management methodology and execution)
- Proactively adapts plans and priorities to meet service and/or operational challenges
- Works with team to participate in resolution of day-to-day technical/procedural challenges.
- Impacts the level of service and the team’s ability to meet quality, volume, and timeliness objectives
- Guided by policies, resource requirements, budgets and the business plan
Process Support and Governance
- Uses knowledge of data architecture to effectively enable business requirements for reporting
- Applies expert knowledge and understanding of using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) including: server management: setup, configure, maintain and administer connections, credentials, subscriptions, report models and reports
- Utilizes knowledge of MicroSoft SQL Server databases: ETL and data architect skills as well as advanced table, View, and Stored Procedure creation and optimization.
- Proficiency in the BusinessObjects suite of reporting tools, including but not limited to Webi, Analysis, Dashboards, and Lumira
- Uses experience with standard web development tools utilized in the creation for websites and web enabled dashboards
- Proactively identifies issues (data or process) and ensures that appropriate action is taken to resolve issues and communications are sent to keep the end user audiences informed and updated
- Manages the strategy for end user support and training. This includes request management (incidents/system enhancements)
Communication and Training
- Deliver consistent, timely and relevant internal communications and trainings to client base
- Collaborates and solves problems – works with others to resolve significant issues, clarify or interpret complex information, provide initial screening/negotiations.
- Maintains communications with both internal and external contacts
- Communicates with finance managers at the same or higher levels on matters of considerable complexity
- Concisely develops and delivers key information; ability to develop well laid out presentations
- Develops a logical and persuasive approach and outline for a presentation; knows how to vary format, structure and content to suit various audiences
- Conveys relevant information in a timely and concise manner and training (standard materials, course design and delivery)
- Minimum of 2 years in database administration with MySQL and MSSQL.
- Experience with UI/UX design
- Experience working with teams to develop requirements and implementation documentation.
- Experience with Git and version control systems.
- Experience with MySQL, MSSQL or another relational database.
- Demonstrated experience in the Software Development Lifecycle
- Demonstrated Excel experience
- Experience in using Business Objects, Cognos and/or other reporting tools
- Ability to create efficient database views and indexes
- Passion for and knowledge of new and emerging technologies to deliver best practice business solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to employ various styles, as necessary
- Demonstrated strong business acumen
- Excellent organization, communication and time management skills; ability to work in a dynamic, matrix environment
- Proven ability to collaborate and establish relationships with employees and teams, at all levels of an organization
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to grasp complex data models
- Proven ability to collaborate and establish relationships with employees and teams, at all levels of an organization.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to grasp complex data models.
- Demonstrated experience in the Software Development Lifecycle
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends
- Ability to discriminate between symptoms and root causes
- Applies understanding of the industry and how own area contributes to the achievement of objectives
- Demonstrated ability to build credibility with internal clients and to navigate organizational structures.
- Demonstrated self-starter, able to prepare project plans with minimal input.
- Proven ability to collaborates and establish relationships with employees and teams, at all levels of an organization.
- WordPress development experience beyond themes.
- Minimum of 2 years in system administration with Ubuntu.
- Strong experience with Composer, Node.js, npm, Docker, Gulp.
- Experience in designing and building AWS infrastructure.
- Demonstrated Excel experience, AWS certified Solutions Architect, AWS certified SysOps Administrator, AWS certified Developer
- PMP or other professional project management certification
- Knowledge of accounting and finance.
- Experience about design patterns, testing frameworks, performing testing and unit testing.
- Experience working with and developing APIs.
- Experience using SAP or another ERP.
- Experience leading and championing change for projects.
- Understanding of statistics and probability
- Experience working with and presenting to senior levels of management
- Demonstrated experience managing process efficiency projects
- Comfort leading meetings and training sessions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Information Systems, or a related field
- Graduate Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Information Systems, or a related field (e.g., MBA, MIS)
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.