Senior Incident ManagerApply Now Job ID 485557BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Date posted 09/13/2017
- This role is responsible for decisions related to prioritization and escalation of production events & incidents, technical & business communication on impairments, production service change approval, problem management validation & continuous improvement scoping & prioritization.
- The Incident Availability Manager function for Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Technology includes On-line/eCommerce, Mobile, Transaction Processing Systems, and in-Park and Experience Systems.
- Own the event & incident management process, prioritizing (with business stakeholders), and ensuring the most critical issues are addressed timely and successfully restored.
- Drive complex technical problems where analysis of situation requires in-depth evaluation & technical knowledge of all areas driving restoration of service with support teams.
- Serve as a consultant and mediator for technical challenges.
- Effective communication of issues to engineers & leadership within support teams, and resolutions or work-around to the customer as appropriate.
- Serve as final change approver for all high-risk changes to ensure protection of & stability to the production environment.
- Own Problem Management validation of known error resolution & final validation – protecting the production environment.
- Own Continuous Improvement efforts & partnering with all delivery teams to ensure the segment remains focused on the work necessary to harden our production services.
- Partner with the business-liaison function for WDP&R Technology, ensuring rapid response and escalation of technology incidents and impairments.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Technology, IT/IS.
- Demonstrated experience leading active incident resolution efforts as well as root cause analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in customer support for enterprise-scale technology solutions.
- Demonstrated expertise in leading triage & integration functions on enterprise-scale solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering results in a multi-sourced vendor environment, with delivery partners on & off-shore.
- Ability to drive change through innovation & process improvement
- Demonstrated mastery of IT Service Management processes.
- Ability to communicate to executive audiences, and deliver results through influence.
- Certification in ITIL, Lean, or Six Sigma
- Technology experience in the hospitality/travel industry.
- Expert Certification in ITIL
- Demonstrated knowledge of web-based application development and architecture as well as enterprise level infrastructure
- Project management certification or demonstrated experiencing leading small-mid sized projects
- Expert Certification in ITIL
- Six Sigma Certification
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member, you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.