Senior Integration ConsultantApply Now Apply Later Job ID 725503BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 03, 2020
The DDSI Data Integration (DI) team is looking to fill a Sr. Integration Consultant role experienced in Spark/PySpark, SQL, ETL/ELT implementations, and nightly batch processing in support of multiple initiatives within the Forecast Analytics (FA) portfolio of projects.
This position will report directly to the DI team’s Managing Consultant for the FA portfolio, and work closely with our Management Science & Integration, Decision Science, and Technology teams in the development and sustainment of solutions for our client(s). This individual will perform activities such as data requirements elicitation and documentation, data validation scripting and review, dataset design and implementation, ETL/ELT data processing from client and/or 3rd party data sources, building and monitoring daily batch update processes, and ad-hoc activities as required by the projects.
Basic Qualifications:What We're looking for:
- 4+ years of overall technology experience
- 3+ years of experience and proficiency in SQL (on a variety of database platforms)
- 2+ years of expertise developing with Spark and/or PySpark
- 2+ years of expertise designing and implementing database schemas
- Experience and proficiency in developing ETL/ELT automated data transformation processes
- Experience with Github for code versioning and promotion
- Hands-on experience deploying code and database schemas across multiple environments (Dev, QA, UAT, Prod, etc.)
- Demonstrated partnering and communication skills; able to shift readily between technical and non-technical terminology depending on audience
- Experience and proficiency in requirements elicitation and documentation for data processing
- Experience and proficiency in developing automated data validation test scenarios and scripts
- Proficiency acquiring, organizing, cleansing and manipulating large amounts of data
- Proven sense of responsibility and the ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities
Preferred Qualifications:How you stand out:
- Database Administration (DBA) development experience
- Experience with Zeppelin and/or Jupyter
- Experience with project management tools, including Smartsheet and Version 1
- Solid understanding of AWS
- Experience with Docker for software deployment
- Experience and proficiency with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Business Analytics, or other quantitative field
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Business Analytics, or other quantitative field
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.