Senior Learning & Development SpecialistApply NowApply Later Job ID 803803BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 04, 2021
Our Technology and Digital Talent Development team mission is to build capabilities, skills, and tech communities of practice across the DPEP Technology & Digital organization which enable Cast members to grow and make an impact on the business through innovation and technology enhancements.
- Identify and assess current and future training needs, including expanding Emerging Tech training programs
- Create group and individual training plans
- Deploy a wide variety of training methods including hands-on, classroom, custom training modules and eLearning platforms
- Monitor and evaluate training program’s effectiveness, success and ROI and assimilate data for metrics reporting
- Manage Technology and Digital Knowledge Center providing a broad range of services including specialized research projects, inquiries with analysts on deep topic dives, curating industry data regarding major information technology trends in various industries and distribution of physical reference materials
- Provide Research and Advisory services providing insights on what’s evolving in the industry, as well as comprehensive library learning resources
- Distribute reports including latest research on the issues at the forefront of the industry, bulletins and summaries of information technology industry issues
- Provide executive extracts that are condensed versions of research reports targeted to c-suite
- Host in-person events and webinars on Emerging Tech topics
- Ensure research results provide impactful insights on major markets, providers, trends, industry practices and emerging technologies helping leaders stay on competitive edge and achieve mission goals
- Manage Forrester and Gartner advisory services subscriptions and analyst calls
- Ensure training content, research and advisory services meets the needs of internal clients
- Plan and track the most effective use of funds allocated for learning programs and services
- Monitor research projects and report on project status
- Serve as research lead on assigned project
- Interact directly with executive leaders
- Five years of experience as a Research Specialist or equivalent
- Three years of experience implementing training programs and events
- Experience with training programs for technology organizations
- Deep understanding of Technology Research Librarian functions and responsibilities
- Advanced knowledge of current and emerging issues, practices, standards and trends in the areas of library content licensing, publishing and communication, and library electronic resource management including a record of achievement in advancing library practices in these areas
- Experience working in a complex organizational setting requiring extensive interaction and consensus-building among multiple diverse stakeholders
- Broad familiarity with library technical standards and trends including standards such as MARC, digital formats and accessibility
- Outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills including superior ability to deal with broad and diverse constituencies
- Strong service orientation and project management skills required
- Advanced degree in library and information science or a related discipline preferred
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.