Senior Manager, Executive Group DevelopmentApply NowApply Later Job ID 852801BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 05, 2021
The learning experiences to be designed reflect relevant knowledge of leading at TWDC. Specifically, leading at the executive level, what it takes to lead large groups of people, complex business strategies, and navigate organization dynamics. These learning experiences are high-priority, high-exposure work with senior stakeholders and require an individual who can apply creative design concepts balanced with approaches that achieve efficiencies of cost and scale.
The successful candidate is expected to partner closely with the DEI COE, People Insights, HR Business Partners, and business leaders to assess, identify, design and deliver solutions related but not limited to learning, leadership, talent and other organizational development initiatives. To be effective in this role, the prospective individual must possess advanced design and delivery expertise, consulting skills, strategic systems thinking, effective executive-level program design and management, and high impact facilitation capabilities.
Job Summary and Purpose:
- Design, develop, and deliver custom executive and leadership development program(s) that better prepare specific groups for increased responsibilities and promotions
- Through these development programs provide talent decision makers increased exposure to specific leadership and executive groups
- Through these development programs enable senior leaders of specific groups to be more effective leaders for them
- Design and develop executive and leadership-level content
- Project management and logistics, communication, navigating in the grey, making decisions
- Facilitation up to senior executive audiences
- Consulting and stakeholder management
- Partnering with cross functional groups and relationship building
- Leadership and / or executive content development
- Knowledge and network for sourcing executive level leadership content
- Highly-skilled executive facilitation experience
- Exposure and working knowledge of what it takes to influence senior executives in a corporate environment
- Working knowledge of critical executive leadership skills and attributes
- Leadership experience; leading leaders of leaders
- Strong project management experience
- Experience initiating and executing strategy
- Strong design and delivery skills
- Working knowledge of diversity and inclusion
- Knowledge of contemporary adult learning theory and practice
- Ability to create networks to get work done
- Ability to lead individuals and groups informally
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate across businesses with clear and unclear boundaries
- Strong ability to negotiate and influence with and without authority
- Ability to manage large high-profile work without losing attention to detail
- Maintains a working knowledge of the business and its goals
- Executive coaching certification
- Facilitation Certifications
- Assessment Certifications, could include but not limited to:
- MBTI Certified
- Korn Ferry (suite of assessments)
Required Education4-Year Degree in Instructional Design, Learning and Development, Organizational Leadership, or Related HR field
Preferred EducationMaster’s Degree or Higher preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.