Senior Manager, Finance & Business Planning, Global LicensingApply NowApply Later Job ID 859863BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 22, 2021
We are seeking an experienced Senior Manager, Global Finance to lead the global consolidation for Global Third Party Commercialization across key business cycles: Annual and long-term strategic plans, monthly forecasts and quarter close. The position will partner with business leaders within Global Licensing and regional finance teams to provide strategic and financial support on key operational strategies and company initiatives. He/she will also lead and/or support some ad hoc FP&A projects and initiatives. By providing project management and high-quality, thoughtful insights, the Senior Manager plays an integral role in supporting the short-term and long-term financial success of the Licensing and Commercialization business. The individual must be an excellent communicator, comfortable presenting to senior executives and stakeholders across TWDC. Reporting to the Director, Finance, this role will lead a team of 1-2 direct reports.
Responsibilities:Forecast, Planning and Analysis (FP&A)
- Lead the annual operating plan, monthly forecasts, and 5 year strategic planning process (i.e. financial consolidation, deck preparation)
- Actively participate in quarter-close processes. Prepare roll-up schedules and executive presentations highlighting quarterly key performance drivers
- Monitor industry trends (i.e. media, retail, toys, consumables, softlines, consumer behavior) and interpret the strategic implications for the business
- Complete Divisional and Corporate requests: monthly, quarterly and ad hoc
- Track and report new business initiatives across regions and franchises; develop and share best practices globally
- Support the development and reporting of Global KPIs (i.e. region, franchise, product category, revenue / HC)
- Assist and support the global consolidation team in other ad hoc projects such as cost base review across regions, licensee rationalization and SKU efficiency
- Partner with IT to systemize planning process leveraging data from disparate sources
- Drive efficiency through process improvements, including constant update, revision and creation of financial models and templates
- Support the 5YP strategic process (i.e. financial consolidation, deck preparation)
- Develop competitive analysis, market research and benchmarking analytics
- Develop and share best practices globally
- 7-10 years of Corporate Finance experience; specifically budgeting, forecasting, business development/planning and overall financial analysis
- Consumer Product experience a plus
- Superior analytical, financial modeling, and research skills, with high proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Fluency in communicating complex ideas and data sets graphically in an effective way for senior-level executives
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent project management skills
- Takes initiative and is a self-starter, with the ability to lead projects from inception
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a collaborative team
- Familiarity with working in or with large organizations
- Proactive and adaptive communication style, able to effectively communicate with people from various disciplines, organizations, geographic locations and management levels
- Ability to organize and manage projects of varying complexity and length
- Analytical and financial modeling skills applying strategic thinking as well as an understanding of execution needs
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead others in day-to-day assignments and complex projects
- Systems agnostic, able to quickly learn and adapt to new systems and tools; advanced Excel and PowerPoint ability; SAP and Cognos experience is a plus
- BS in Finance or related field (Accounting, Economics, etc.)
- MBA preferred
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.