Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Manager, Organization DevelopmentApply Now Apply Later Job ID 560198BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products Date posted Sep. 24, 2018
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
“We bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world to create magical memories that last a lifetime.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Partner with senior leaders and HR across Walt Disney Parks & Resorts to help solve complex organizational challenges and implement change strategies while transferring OD mindset, knowledge, skills and tools. Consult on projects such as organization assessments, strategy definition, organization design, change and transition management, and organizational culture and values. This global project-based position is located in Orlando, Florida.
- Deliver expertise to a variety of projects including organization assessment, organization design, change and transition management, and culture transformation across a diverse set of businesses.
- Effectively adapt consulting style and approach to the culture of each business unit and share mindset, skills and tools with HR and senior leadership to ensure sustainment of results.
- Ensure effective contracting with clear goal and role clarity of senior leader, HR and OD across the lifecycle of the project, and develop clear methods for effective sustainment of results.
- Continually develop and apply broad organizational knowledge to address business and organizational challenges by recognizing patterns through an enterprise and systems thinking mindset.
- Consult with senior leadership and HR to develop strategies that assess and increase overall organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and process improvements across businesses.
- Work closely with HR teams on strategies that maximize cast member engagement and enablement and facilitate a culture that maximizes organizational productivity and cast member satisfaction.
- Research future workforce trends and collaborate with workforce analytics to develop insights to formulate data-driven recommendations to clients to support OD interventions.
- Develop strategies that assess organizational change readiness and facilitate mindset shifts and/or behavior changes across a diverse set of stakeholders and geographies.
- Deliver strategies and programs in collaboration with HR, senior leadership, leadership teams, functional partners and external contractors or consultants (as required).
- Build trust and collaborate with teams in a global and virtual environment, and partner effectively with HR Business Partners and OD leaders across the enterprise to transfer knowledge and skills.
- Minimum 7 years of OD consulting or related experience, ideally with a global company
- Minimum 3 years leadership experience of providing guidance to staff professionals
- Demonstrated diagnostic, synthesis, conceptual and analytical skills to recommend solutions
- Demonstrated consulting skills and relationship management with HR and senior leaders
- Ability to gain credibility and influence executive audiences with strong executive communication skills
- Demonstrated project management, organizational skills and confidentiality with sensitive information
- Demonstrated ability to work with ambiguity and agility in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated business acumen, and ability to stay abreast of industry and organizational knowledge
- Ability to interact with multiple clients simultaneously and manage priorities with competing demands
- Ability to build relationships with teams across units and geographies, adjusting style where appropriate
- Ability to work in a predominantly self-direct manner, while upholding brand promise of OD
- Experience in both OD delivering integrated solutions
- Experience of being an internal consultant while effectively partnering with external consulting firms
- Experience in HR Transformation efforts and/or Workforce Trends that influence organization culture
- Experience working with various HR Centers of Excellence and Communities of Practice groups
- Demonstrated use of innovative OD techniques, digital technologies, and/or tools to support delivery of work
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in the field of Organization Development
About Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.