Senior Manager, Revenue Planning/Forecasting, Walt Disney WorldApply NowApply Later Job ID 829698BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jul. 21, 2021
We are seeking an experienced leader as Senior Manager for Attendance and Admissions revenue forecasting. The role leads related forecasted processes, finding and communicating data-driven insights, and measuring revenue growth initiatives for WDW businesses. This work requires partnership with many areas across the company such as Operations, LOB, Pricing, Industrial Engineering, Consumer Insights, and Commercial teams. The role reports to the Director, WDW Revenue Planning and leads a team of forecasting managers and analysts.
The ideal candidate must have a track record of positive leadership skills including the ability to inspire the team, develop Cast to reach their potential, and embrace and promote Disney values. This individual should be detail-oriented with a natural curiosity to proactively identify, evaluate, and communicate business performance using data-driven insights. We are seeking a self-starter with superior analytical and communication skills to motivate and enable forecasting teams, partners, and clients to understand and manage financial goals.
- Lead team responsible for the development of WDW revenue forecasts including short term weekly forecasts, long-term monthly forecasts, and annual operating plans
- Develop thorough understanding of Guest demographics and behavior patterns to deliver insights
- Lead development of new predictive forecasting models
- Proactively anticipate next steps, future opportunities, and/or future challenges to financial performance
- Translate business performance drivers and metrics into insightful analysis and recommendations, influencing organizational decisions
- Exercise strong conceptual thinking skills – must be able to understand broad concepts, articulate linkages/gaps, and recommend tactics/strategies that enable a vision
- Display a strong, consistent, and vocal organizational point of view, remaining objective on business issues; maintain ability to influence client/partner thinking at all levels
- Demonstrate passion and commitment to diversity and inclusion, including inviting diverse perspectives and fostering an inclusive work environment
- Build high team morale and group commitment. Provide leadership, guidance, and motivation to a high-performing team
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in statistical or financial analysis and/or strategy development
- Leadership experience with strong statistical and analytical background; excellent track record of achievement, advancement, and performance
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills in financial forecasting and statistical analysis and strong communication skills in developing and presenting fact-based insights and recommendations to senior leaders
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to influence partners and key business decisions; proven ability to lead teams and build relationships across the company
- Excellent written communication skills. Proven ability to synthesize financial information into a concise story and communicate the story to various levels of leadership
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to meet deadlines, handle multiple priorities and perform job responsibilities accurately while working in a fast-paced and vibrant environment
- Self-starter with natural curiosity and the ability to deal with ambiguity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering or other quantitative field
- Masters Degree
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.