Senior Paralegal - ClearancesApply NowApply Later Job ID 10045738 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Apr. 10, 2023
At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Paralegal to support legal clearances for Disney’s Consumer Products, Games, and Publishing business (CPGP), including licensed and vertical merchandise, publishing, games, and related marketing and promotional initiatives. In addition to working with attorneys and other professionals within Disney Legal, this position will liaise with all lines of business within CPGP, including Global Brand Commercialization, Publishing, Games and Interactive Experiences, Business Affairs, Creative, Product Design, and Retail, and content partners such as Walt Disney Studios, Pixar, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, Disney Channel, and Disney+.
We are looking for a candidate who reflects the innovative spirit and creative talent that defines the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment—the segment that brings the magic of The Walt Disney Company’s powerful brands and franchises—including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, ESPN, 20th Century Studios and National Geographic—into the daily lives of families and fans around the world to create magical memories that last a lifetime.
This role will be based in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.
- Research, analyze, and summarize production agreements, talent agreements, license agreements, chain of title, and other rights-related agreements.
- Present analysis and written work product to lawyers and clients, including executives.
- Create and maintain CPGP rights management systems, processes, and databases including contract lifecycle management for third-party rights agreements.
- Consumer products partner in Studio script clearance meetings and screenings for new film, television, and streaming properties.
- Clear Style Guides, publishing layouts, concept art, final frames, unit photography, asset pools, archival material, and other visual assets.
- Subject matter expert for attorneys and paralegals within Disney Legal and clients within the CPGP business unit.
Basic Qualifications :
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience handling rights clearances for film, television, merchandising, and/or publishing.
- Understanding of clearance-related legal and contractual issues, such as intellectual property rights including copyright, trademark, and right of publicity, production-related agreements including for film and/or television, third-party rights acquisition and licensing, and applicable guild obligations.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and writing.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task.
- Able to work independently, but also a team player who can collaborate well with business clients and colleagues within Disney Legal.
- Strong computer skills, including with office productivity software such as Microsoft Word and Excel and familiarity with IP management software and systems.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.