Senior Platform Engineer
Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 864236BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 28, 2021
Job Summary:The Sr. Platform Engineer builds best practices used in day-to-day operations and works with business units and project teams to plan, design, and implement new product architecture. Able to triage and resolve operational issues. Provides support for multiple levels of testing prior to release of new and enhanced functionality. Strong communication, interpersonal and teaming skills, including the ability to work effectively in an agile / scrum environment. Demonstrated interest and ability to quickly learn new technologies.
Responsibilities:● Defines the processes used in identification of the root causes of operational issues and leads root cause analysis; resolves problems and/or recommends solutions for implementation by others.
● Participates in developing tools, automation, and scripts to facilitate platform maintenance, operational efficiency, and reliability.
● Participates in planning and executing small-scale projects for business unit initiatives and updating existing functionality, products and/or services.
● Works with business units to plan for new projects and events, including capacity planning, monitoring, configuration, security, metrics, reporting and recovery and migration strategies.
● Provides support for multiple levels of testing prior to release of new and upgraded applications, products, and/or services.
● May participate in the development of technical solutions for small scale projects.
● Responsible for documentation, communication, and monitoring.
● Gain deep knowledge of the Travelbox platform, business rules for all product built within Travelbox, and impacts to downstream services and applications.
● Provide Application Governance guidance throughout the development cycle when changes impact multiple Brand Sites; support and recommend Travelbox Platform process standards.
● Provide product governance guidance for all Brands building product in Travelbox to maintain consistency in the product setup across all brands.
● Provide production support and incident triage for challenges that are the result of product updates that are managed in the Travelbox platform.
● Provide consultation on: product and scoring changes, application enhancements, and release governance.
Basic Qualifications:● 5 to 8 years of progressively related experience in Platform Engineering and/or software development
● Experience with project management methodologies (agile, scrum, waterfall)
● Excellent verbal and written communication
● A team player with vision, passion, discipline, and integrity
● Ability to work rapidly and efficiently in a fast paced and changing environment
Preferred Qualifications:● Experience with Travelbox
Required EducationBachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar field or related work experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.