Senior Product Manager
Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 865358BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Sep. 28, 2021
Job Summary:The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for product strategy, concept development, and defining and executing these initiatives in collaboration with our key stakeholders and partners for Labor portfolio. The role will have understanding of business and technical capabilities, identify gaps and deliver product roadmaps for new capabilities. A successful candidate will be highly collaborative, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization while wearing multiple hats, be comfortable working autonomously, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications. As the subject matter expert for Time & Pay product suite, the role will perform product configuration, be a liaison to development, implementation and support teams as well as support projects, enhancements, backlog and prioritization of features and capabilities.
- Subject matter expert on the business, associated processes and systems
- Provides thoughtful leadership and asserts influence by driving complex projects to completion effectively and efficiently
- Recommends process and technology improvements to increase the effectiveness of the product and prioritizing initiatives relative to business needs
- Manages project interdependencies in support of business strategies, roadmaps and financial commitments
- Escalates issues and recommends appropriate solutions
- Supports pre-project business case definition for large or complex projects
- Works with the business to determine the real issue that needs to be solved or the opportunity to do things differently based on customer feedback
- Develops highly complex business cases to ensure benefits align to strategic and tactical business objectives
- Supports the business in business, technical and financial feasibility assessments
- Provides advice and recommendations on emerging trends which will be useful to both the business and IT in the delivery of the projects
- Lead creation of technical specification, schemas, data mappings and user stories to enable system modification or development
- Ensures requirements are aligned to the business goals of the project and refined to a sufficient level of detail to allow Architects and Software Engineers to design, develop and implement appropriate solutions
- Reviews and signs off on solution designs, ensuring business requirements are verified, validated and delivered
- Manages the scope and traceability of requirements throughout the project lifecycle, ensuring that they are understood by the project team and met by the delivered solution
- Participates in functional design, construction and testing
- Ensures the benefits, impact and release of all changes are tracked and managed
- Ensures the required outcomes are built, tested, communicated, and delivered on time and within budget
- Assists in identifying and managing risks, issues and dependencies
- Assists in third party/vendor assessments and reviews contracts to ensure that they accurately support business requirements
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Strong technical product knowledge in workforce management
- Analytics experience with SQL and non-SQL based database technologies to understand the nuances of data pipeline issues & solutions
- Understanding of Agile technical practices, DevOps and testing concepts (CI/CD, TDD)
- Ability to think strategically and drive ideas into action, with a positive outlook and willingness to take personal initiative
- Demonstrated ability to identify, understand and drive resolution of complex critical issues
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience with JIRA or similar tools
- Understand and analyze data pipelines, algorithms, and automated systems
- Basic knowledge integrating cloud-based data pipelines and analytics services
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Administration or similar field or related work experience
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.