Senior Release ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10055441 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Aug. 08, 2023
“We Power the Magic!” That’s our motto at Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Technology & Digital. Our team creates world-class immersive digital experiences for the Company’s premier vacation brands including Disney’s Parks & Resorts worldwide, Disney Cruise Line, Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, and Disney Vacation Club.
We are responsible for the end-to-end digital and physical Guest experience for all technology and digital-led initiatives across the Attractions & Entertainment, Food & Beverage, Resorts & Transportation and Merchandise lines of business as well as other initiatives including MyDisneyExperience and Hey, Disney!
This role sits in the Retail & Restaurant Commerce Technology organization within Technology & Digital for Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products. It works closely with a diverse team of engineers and service owners from across the company.
The Senior Release Manager will report to the Manager, Technology.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and execute the scheduling, planning, and controlling the delivery process for all applications that support the Point of Sale platform.
- Coordinate and communicate release plans and requirements with different teams to ensure smooth and efficient release cycles and uninterrupted support.
- Identifies the communications needs of each stakeholder group in conjunction with business owners and subject matter experts. Translates communications / stakeholder engagement strategies into specific tasks.
- Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact by developing, maintaining, and working comprehensive release, and deployments.
- Maintain detailed documentation related to procedures on build and release, notifications, and dependencies.
- Coordinate the release activities and resources required, defect backlogs, planned releases, and/or infrastructure updates.
- Identify the risks that can delay the release and develop mitigation strategies, such that the scope scheduled, and quality of the release is not affected.
- Schedule the readiness reviews release candidates.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders for testing deployments and to help ensure proper versioning in all labs and on all test devices.
- Engage with relevant teams responsible for building the automation tools used to develop and deploy applications and services.
- Participate as a member of the Point of Sale team and contribute to support activities when needed and insofar as it doesn’t conflict with primary responsibilities.
- Deliver efficiencies and enhance overall product quality by optimizing release management processes, tools, and metrics.
- Facilitate post release analysis and lessons learned sessions.
- Stay updated on emerging technology and best practices pertaining to software release management. Apply that knowledge when applicable to drive improvements.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- 5+ years of proven experience of software release planning/scheduling and solid knowledge of traditional Agile methodologies
- Familiarity with industry standards related to Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Strong technical understanding of software development, lifecycle, including knowledge of different software programming languages, version management, and build/deployment processes
- Ability to influence partner teams to achieve results without direct authority
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Understanding of application infrastructure, system architecture, operating systems, and mobile client software
- Ability to create technical and process documentation
- Able to accommodate a flexible schedule that meets the needs of the business, including overnights, evenings, holidays, and weekends
- Exceptional written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Analytical and strong problem solving skills with a healthy appetite of curiosity
- Experience with release management tools; Jenkins, Gitlab, JIRA, Confluence
- Knowledge of AWS platform, CI/CD and DevOps
- 8+ years of experience in technology, program/project management, or related experience in the technology development or process space
- Experience in software development and release automation
- Experience with MDM (mobile device management)
- Experience with retail and/or hospitality industry and technology, including Point of Sale and e-commerce
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software, Electrical or Electronics Engineering, or comparable field of study, and/or equivalent work experience
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.