Senior Software Engineer - Guest Data PlatformApply NowApply Later Job ID 10010067 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 27, 2023
If you're passionate about writing code and solving sophisticated problems that support large-scale and high-performance data and software environments, join us! We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will use their deep expertise in software development, data structures and distributed systems to deliver high-quality, scalable, and robust data ecosystems that support the entire segment, powering the interactions and experiences that build magic for our Guests. You will be a senior level individual contributor who will implement and help improve our engineering strategy and practices.
This role sits in the Data Products & Platform organization within Technology & Digital for Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products. It works closely with internal segment Engineers and technical authorities from across the company.
- Design and implement reliable, high-throughput, low latency, scalable and well-documented code to tackle sophisticated algorithms and build cloud infrastructures components
- Collaborate with engineers, data scientists, and other partners to make proposals across teams on their engineering work and practices
- Design low-level implementation details of software, which data structures, class/function/code organization, etc.
- Propose technical implementation approaches which support architectural changes that address scaling and performance problems
- Proactively seek opportunities to reuse or generalize existing services and implementations
- Know the latest new technologies and best approaches in the field of data management and software engineering
- Provide technical mentorship and guidance to other members of the team
- Conduct code review pull-requests with consistent scrutiny
- 5+ years of software development experience across diverse domains, with demonstrated ability in data management and distributed systems solving problems
- Expert level coder, able to develop solutions that solves sophisticated problems, while keeping in mind code space and time complexity
- Strong experience in Python development and DevOps practices, e.g.,: CI/CD, docker, testing, and automation
- Experience crafting and implementing solutions using AWS services, with an understanding of at least some core services: IAM, S3, Kinesis, Lambda, SNS
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code, e.g.,: Terraform, CloudFormation, CDK, etc
- Proficiency in at least one of the following languages - Typescript, Java, or another strongly typed language
- Understanding of trade-offs between different data storage systems and architectures (data warehouses, SQL vs NoSQL, partitioning, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or related field
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or related field
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.