Senior Software Engineer
Lake Buena Vista, FL - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 669487BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 24/05/2019
Job Summary:The Senior Software Engineer will have an extensive background in software engineering with excellent solution design skills. The Senior Software Engineer must have the ability to communicate effectively with software engineering teams at a technical level and effectively communicate with non-technical team members to ensure all constituents have a complete and accurate understanding of solutions being developed. The Senior Software Engineer must have the ability to document processes, procedures, and best practices for the supported platforms and have the ability to filter and facilitate prioritization with stakeholders.
- In-depth knowledge and experience developing custom applications on the ServiceNow platform.
- Experience working and communicating with vendors providing PaaS, SaaS, or aPaaS offerings and working through incident resolution and product enhancement requests.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with diverse audience in a technical and non-technical manner.
- Strong understanding of multiple development methodologies including Agile.
- Ability to develop epics and stories in Jira or similar tools.
- Perform as first point contact for team to filter issues and prioritize future enhancments.
- Past experience transitioning growing technologies within an organization to enterprise ready platforms.
- Previous experience defining and documenting technology best practices.
- Prior experience developing outward facing wiki sites targeted at technical consumers evaluating platform and providing self-service capabilities to consumers.
- Strong understanding of product management with focus on technology platforms and developing roadmaps for technology offerings.
- Recommends improvements to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team.
- Strong understanding of test automation benefits.
- Experience in organization running fully automated, end-to-end CI/CD processes.
- Strong understanding of software enginnering and developing applications with a sense of forward and backward compatibility being considered in designs.
- Experience building dashboards and with a understanding of logging best practices, log aggregation with tools such as Splunk.
- Extensive background and understanding of the ServiceNow platform and development of applications on the platform.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field or related work experience.
- Five to eight years of progressively related experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems.
- Experience in organizations practicing Agile best practices.
SIGNIFICANT KNOWLEDGE OF TECHNOLOGIES AND CONCEPTS
- XML, JSON
- APIs (SOAP & REST)
- SQL, Database Design
- Software Performance Optimization
- Testing Technologies
- Automated Monitoring and Monitoring Tools
- Logging, Log Aggregation, Dashboards
- Experience with tools such as Confluence and Jira
- SCRUM/Agile Certification
- ServiceNow Certification
- Cloud Experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.