Senior Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 7123818020220522 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Aug. 10, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Would you like to be a part of a team that contributes to every stage of the Disney attraction life cycle, from Blue Sky to Sustainment? As a Senior Software Engineer on the Modeling, Simulation, and Training Tools (MST) team, you will build software tools that are used to provide detailed engineering simulation and analysis services internationally for Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI), Park Operations Line of Business, Transportation, Engineering Services, Entertainment, and other Global Engineering & Technology partners. These services include: systems level simulations of our rides and attraction; Software-In-the-Loop (SIL) or Hardware-In-the-Loop (HIL) software design/testing platforms; multi-agent simulations; training simulations; large-scale transportation simulations; statistical analyses; dynamic robotic electro-mechanical and controls system simulations; finite element analyses; rigid or flexible multi-body dynamic simulations; and development of signal processing and optimization algorithms.
You will report to the Team Leader- Systems Engineer
You will be a designer, developer, and user of our suite of in-house engineering tools. You will work with a versatile team of engineers, in a hybrid work environment.
- Lead and assist in the development of desktop applications and software APIs for use by internal engineering and creative partners
- Partner with Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) Creative, WDI Ride, Industrial Engineering, and MST to identify requirements and use cases for attraction simulation development
- Write proposals that include job assignments, scopes of work, validation plans and procedures
- Manage budget and schedule for software development projects
- Write unit tests and regression test documentation for software
- Write detailed documentation for software, both for developers and users
- Assist users with troubleshooting and resolving bugs in deployed software
- Provide computer hardware and software expertise to multi-disciplinary team to influence purchasing decisions and system designs
- Develop and review detailed mechanical and system-level simulations using various simulation software and software development environments
- Visit under-construction and operating attractions to understand their operating principles and take measurements.
- Five (5) or more years of experience with design, implementation, and testing of Windows desktop applications using C, C++, or C#
- Technical project team experience developing software applications, including architecting solutions, mentoring new team members, and project management
- Experience communicating and working directly with partners, internal customers, and users
- Experience learning new technologies and languages, and applying them to solve engineering problems
- Proficiency in object-oriented design principles
- Experience writing unit tests and regression test documentation for software
- Experience troubleshooting and assessing software errors to develop and implement solutions
- Engineering within the entertainment industry, Ride and Show Control Systems, Programming and troubleshooting Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) hardware
- Systems Engineering concepts and tools (SysML, IDEF0)
- Third-party analysis software such as MathWorks: Matlab, Simulink, Stateflow, and Simscape Multibody; MathCad; SolidWorks; and Ansys
- Scripting languages including PowerShell and Python
- Development using game engines such as Unity3D or Unreal
- Web application development
- Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL) databases
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, or Equivalent from ABET certified curriculum
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.