Senior Technical Business Integration Specialist
Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 840589BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Aug. 30, 2021
Job Summary:To provide just in time technical operational support to the lines of business to increase system and application availability and to improve interactions for the Guest and Cast.
To promote continuous improvement strategies through business integration and feedback regarding challenges identified within systems and applications and the impacts to the business. This data is used to prioritize essential technology solutions to support the operations.
You will report to Senior Manager - Technology.
- As a technology business integration specialist you will promote conversations with the LOB operations leaders and Cast to gather essential data to improve the availability and efficiencies of the technology systems and applications used by the operations.
- Complete an analysis of the data collections and inform technology leaders of findings, to include prioritized recommendations.
- Use logged incidents and problem data to conduct an analysis, identify common issues, and prioritize recommendations on solutions for the technology organization.
- Improve ownership and collaboration between technology organizations for technology fixes to improve reliability.
- Manage cross referencing data collected through facilitated integration meetings with Service Now logged incidents to validate findings holistically.
- Be the expert for Guest / Cast system incidents (P1 or P2 level) and drives the incident with partners to resolutions quickly. Manage the communications, integration and collaboration with important partners and during and after the incident.
- Conduct after action reviews with the technology and business leaders for major incidents (P1 or P2 level) to inform continuous improvement
- Be a conduit to the Systems Engineering and Solutions Engineering organizations to support solutions.
- Strong knowledge of technology systems and how they are used within the operations.
- Experience with technology skills, i.e., Systems/Business Analysis, Project Management, Systems/Database Engineering, Coding or QA.
- Demonstrated knowledge of parks and resorts operations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the business and technology processes to support the Guest and Cast experiences.
- Demonstrated ability to identify areas for continuous improvement, use process mapping and prioritize recommendations and design implementation plans
- Ability to build strong and expand critical business relationships across diverse areas of DPEP Technology and Parks Operations.
- Design and showcase data to all levels of leadership in a clear and direct manner to inform and support decision-making.
- Strong data analytics capabilities
- Strong knowledge of Service Now
- ITIL Foundations
- Certification(s) in important technologies, i.e., Splunk, AWS, App Dynamics, Databases, Java, etc.
- A strong sense of ownership in all responsibilities requiring little direction from leadership, while being utterly reliable.
- 5 years of operational leadership experience
- May include an on call rotation for major incident support.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent years of experience
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.