Senior Technical Project ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10049401 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 25, 2023
“We Power the Magic!” That’s our motto at Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Technology & Digital. Our team creates world-class immersive digital experiences for the Company’s premier vacation brands including Disney’s Parks & Resorts worldwide, Disney Cruise Line, Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, and Disney Vacation Club.
We are responsible for the end-to-end digital and physical Guest experience for all technology & digital-led initiatives across the Attractions & Entertainment, Food & Beverage, Resorts & Transportation and Merchandise lines of business as well as other initiatives including MyDisneyExperience and Hey, Disney!
This role sits in the E-Commerce organization within Technology & Digital for Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products.
The Senior Technical Project Manager will identify, plan and coordinate, to lead their interdependencies in support of specific business strategies across within Parks Commercial Projects specifically in the Payments and Accounting Technology space. They will apply project management principles, practices, and techniques to lead and control project timeline, scope, quality, cost and performance risks independently, for multiple complex technology projects. They will coordinate the activities by becoming familiar with project scope and objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member. They will work closely with cross-discipline technology teams, leadership and business partners to understand technical and business direction, timeline and budget, as well as provide thought leadership of the team.
You will report to the. Manager of Technology.
What You’ll Do:
- Undertakes project planning
- Identifies, plans, and coordinates a project plan, ensuring value for key business strategies
- Project delivery plan and its activities to drive the mission and the goals of the organization
- Develops and implements long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the project
- Maintains knowledge of resources and budget planning. Owns budget and resource planning
- Leads execution of project
- Coordinates and facilitates delivery of project objectives
- Ensures timely completion of tasks, maintaining project timeline and target dates
- Assesses project risks and formulates mitigation plans, develops and updates project budgets as required, and delivers successful projects in a timely and cost-efficient manner as shown by project statistics. Leads and directs high-priority matrix objectives, which often require considerable resources and high levels of functional integration and interaction with project sponsors and teams
- Conducts project meetings at leadership and/or executive director levels
- Develops and runs a project change control process to understand additions to project scope.
- Provides input and feedback to project team members
- Identifies and evaluates the risks associated with project activities and takes appropriate action to mitigate the risks
- Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews results. Tracks progress and reviews activities to make certain deadlines are met appropriately
- Assesses project issues and identifies solutions to meet productivity, quality and customer goals
- Facilitate post-go live and hypercare activities and future road map in relation to Accounting processing/ERP systems
- Prepares and implements project communication
- Ensures all project partners receive orientation and appropriate training in accordance with organizational standards
- Communicates with clients and other partners to gain support and solicit input for program improvements
- Liaises with managers to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery
- Conducts regular program status meetings with all partners, keeping the partner’s needs and requirements continuously in view
- Works collaboratively with development team and support team to maintain thorough understanding of capabilities, and to ensure precise communications between project team and partners
- Creates program presentations and reports for executive leadership, program sponsors and partners
- Presents program status and issues to leadership through formal presentations
- Proactively communicates program status, issues & risks to management
- Supports program/project budget
- Ensures that the project/program operates within the approved budget
- Monitors all budgeted program/project expenditures
- Ensures that all financial actuals for the program/project are up to date
- Works with IT Project Controllers to supervise budget expenditures
- Provides the team mentoring and professional development
- Mentors junior/mid levels of project managers regarding all aspects of the project life cycle and project management field
- Supports Payments and Accounting/Project Management Office initiatives
- Prepares and presents technical and/or educational documentation of assigned projects to improve the knowledge project team
- Continues professional development through attendance at meetings, professional seminars and conferences
- Support leadership and definition of strategic direction of project management functions
- Influence future phase consolidation of accounting processes, integrations, profit centers, etc.
Required Qualifications & Skill:
- Four-year college degree in Information Technology, Business or related field or related work experience
- 4+ years of technical program and project management experience working with technical teams developing enterprise class solutions
- Hands-on experience with practices such as Agile, Lean, Kanban, Waterfall as well as extensive experience with pragmatic blending of styles to facilitate collaboration and delivery
- Ability to understand architectural and technical aspects of projects
- Strong organizational, communication (written and verbal) and time management skills with attention to detail
- Experience with Agile Application Lifecycle Management and development tools like JIRA, Confluence Wiki
- Understanding of Agile technical practices, DevOps and testing concepts (CI/CD, TDD)
- Experience with budget tracking and complex cost-benefit analysis
- Experience leading and prioritizing projects within the program and working seamlessly with various teams and partners in a matrix organization
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience with ERP systems, facilitating large enterprise scale data and process conversions/migrations
- Experience with SAP and/or customized Disney Accounting Ecosystem knowledge would be an asset
- Project management experience with customer-facing digital and/or mobile products
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Agile Certifications (CSM; ACP; CSPO; SAFe; LeSS)
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.