Senior Technical Specialist
Lake Buena Vista, FL - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 737132BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 09/01/2020
Job Summary:“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true. Be a part of the team that supports the Walt Disney Parks & Resorts operations by improving the development and delivery of applications that help create magical experiences for our guests. As an Senior Technical Specialist performing quality assurance on software releases and administering our application lifecycle management tools, you will play an essential role in how the software teams from Design & Engineering and Walt Disney Imagineering release software and communicate with one another.
- Verify and process software releases according to the Disney Software Engineering and Configuration Management Standard (STD-193620)
- Help configure, maintain and upgrade Atlassian JIRA, Crucible and Bamboo applications
- Provide training to technical and nontechnical teams that use our software release system and Atlassian tools
- Troubleshoot and fix errors common to Applications and Application servers
- Manage user permissions for tools according to the needs of projects and teams.
- Perform application and system administration tasks, including data backups and scheduled jobs.
- Test new versions of the tools and plugins to ensure compatibility.
- Maintain JIRA projects, workflows, permissions, and users while working in a JIRA 8.x environment.
- Innovate ways to automate the configuration of development and production application environments using continuous integration and continuous deployment methodologies and tools.
- Ability to work in a dynamic agile environment.
- Must have strong work ethic with good time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to build successful relationships with both technical and nontechnical teams.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Motivated self-starter who can work independently.
- Proven ability to learn new systems and keep pace with advancements in application lifecycle management tools.
- Experience working with the Windows & Linux operating systems.
- Must possess a basic understanding of software development processes
- Experience with administering JIRA.
- Excellent understanding of JIRA workflows, permission schemes, notification schemes, screens schemes, etc.
- Familiarity with databases and SQL queries.
- Demonstrated experience in writing scripts to automate repetitive and/or complex tasks.
- Experience in a customer facing role.
- Experience creating and maintaining CHEF recipes and cookbooks to automate the installation, configuration and maintenance of applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Information Systems or other related scientific or technical discipline.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Parks, Experiences and Products, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.