Software Engineer- Warehouse ManagementApply NowApply Later Job ID 10046367 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 01, 2023
“We Power the Magic!” That’s our motto at Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Technology & Digital. Our team creates world-class immersive digital experiences for the Company’s premier vacation brands including Disney’s Parks & Resorts worldwide, Disney Cruise Line, Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, and Disney Vacation Club.
We are responsible for the end-to-end digital and physical Guest experience for all technology & digital-led initiatives across the Attractions & Entertainment, Food & Beverage, Resorts & Transportation and Merchandise lines of business as well as other initiatives including MyDisneyExperience and Hey, Disney!
The Software Engineer on the Warehouse Management Team will have diverse responsibilities. You will be creating innovative solutions combining COT’s applications and custom technology solutions with creativity to produce robust solutions that enhance all aspects of the cast experience. A successful candidate will be highly collaborative, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization while wearing multiple hats, be comfortable working autonomously, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and applications.
The Software Engineer (WMS) will report to the Sr Manager, Technology.
What You'll Do
- Analysis of requirements and code
- The diagnosis of issues, evaluating and recommending the best resolution plan and executing against that plan. Partnering with managed service providers and vendors to resolve issues, especially in the realm of security.
- Executes assigned component level software development and fixes using new or existing technologies.
- Participates in developing specifications for assigned components, projects, and fixes
- Ability to communicate to both technical and business users and the ability to gracefully handle passionate conversations.
- Participating in the design and process of new features and enhancements to the software platform.
- Working independently and delivering on agreed upon timelines.
- Highly flexible to quickly changing business needs and adoption of new technologies.
- Ability to follow programming and style guidelines to maintain high-quality, secure code.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- 3+ years of software engineering, analysis, and design
- Understanding of Agile technical practices, DevOps and testing concepts (CI/CD, TDD)
- Has solid understanding of the software development life cycle SDLC (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and associated execution models (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, Iterative Development, etc.).
- Java / J2EE development skills, among mainstream programming languages, with a proven record of creating commercial quality software solutions
- Working knowledge of microservcies, RESTful Web Services and APIs.
- Working knowledge of object-oriented programming with an understanding of design principles
- Knowledge and understanding of technical architecture, application systems design and integration in a large heterogeneous enterprise environment.
- Working knowledge of both Oracle and Microsoft SQLServer Db’s Enterprise operating systems( Windows, Unix and Linux ), Cloud Hosted services like Azure, AWS. GCP and VMWare
Preferred Qualifications & Skilss
- Experience with Warehousing systems
- Experience with Supply Chain and Logistic systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or related field
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.