Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 860761BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 17, 2021
Job Summary:“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter where you are in the stage of your career, being part of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member, you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
We seek any forward-thinking individuals who are passionate about delivering a quality product, and enjoy working closely with business partners on both strategic and tactical challenges. Candidate should have good verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work independently as a self-starter, utilize good time management skills, and function well within a diverse team.
- Design, build and maintain APIs and services for internal and external-facing applications
- Champion high-quality code with corresponding test coverage
- Participate in regular code reviews and engage in constructive discussions
- Participate in Design sessions across different teams
- Design and develop small to medium sized applications using cloud enabled solutions (AWS)
- Deliver resilient, robust, and durable solutions, contributing to the ongoing improvement of our systems
- Participate in an on-call rotation to ensure stellar uptime for our customers
- Deliver highly scalable and fault tolerant solutions.
- Mentor junior engineers on the team
- At least 2-5 years of coding and development experience in a highly scalable, high-volume software components, and/or client-facing web applications
- Strong understanding of MicroServices, Restful API’s, Cloud computing
- Strong expertise of object-oriented programming with an understanding of design principles
- Experience in Object-Oriented design principles, patterns, and coding best practices
- Experience in an Agile sprint deliverables
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to be highly flexible to quickly changing business needs and new technologies
- Ability to follow existing programming and style guidelines to maintain consistent quality of code
- Ability to contribute to test automation as part of code regression and testing
- Ability to maintain documentation, procedures, and working instructions for the operations team
- Ability to proactively reassess business needs and make suggestions to meet those needs
- Familiarity of database applications (eg. Dynamo Db, etc), NoSQL, mobile applications (eg. iOS, Android, etc), and data manipulation tools (eg. Python, etc) is a plus
Required EducationBachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering Field OR equal experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.