Software Engineering Internship - Orlando, Summer 2020
Lake Buena Vista, FL - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 726755BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 25/11/2019
At Disney, we are storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Disney Parks, Experience and Product (DPEP) Technology & Digital organization combines custom technology solutions with creativity to produce robust applications that enhance all aspects of the guest experience. Being a part of this team means helping create world-class immersive online and mobile experiences — from one of the most sophisticated hotel reservation systems in the world to Disney Cruise Line shipboard systems; from FastPass and PhotoPass products to cutting-edge applications to ensure we have proper inventory of merchandise stocked in our Parks — at DPEP Tech & Digital, you really get to see it all.
DPEP Tech & Digital seeks forward-thinking team members who are passionate about delivering quality products and enjoy working closely with partners on both strategic and tactical challenges across a vast portfolio of businesses
With the DPEP Technology & Digital group, this intern will be expected to play a critical role for web and services development. This position supports the Walt Disney World, Disneyland, and Disney Cruise suite of web applications. The individual for this position should have a passion for analysis, design, implementation, and testing of operations based work. The Software Engineer Intern should have or be in the process of gaining expert knowledge of scalable applications, databases, web UI development and APIs. Troubleshooting is a valuable skill set.
Be a part of a transformative team and culture participating on team projects while learning and experiencing new technologies.
DPEP Technology seeks team members who are passionate about delivering a quality product, and enjoy working closely with business partners on both strategic and tactical challenges. Candidate should have good verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work independently as a self-starter, utilize good time management skills, and function well within a diverse team.
Basic Qualifications:What you bring….
- An understanding of Agile development practices
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design
The following experience would be a plus:
- Mobile Development (Ionic, Reactive Native or NativeScript, iOS/Swift, Android)
- Cloud/IoT Services (Amazon AWS/IoT, Microsoft Azure/IoT)
- SQL experience/knowledge
- Shell scripting, Ruby and Grails experience
- Database experiences/knowledge such as Spring
- Experience/knowledge with Restful API
- Angular, Node.js or any other framework experience/knowledge
- RestAPI experience/knowledge
- Unit testing experience
- Understanding of JSON
- Version Control (such as Git) experience/knowledge
- Linux/Unix experience/knowledge
Preferred EducationJunior, Senior, Graduate Level student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduating) pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are 05/13/2020- 08/08/2020. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company sponsored housing is available on first-come, first-serve basis. If company sponsored housing is not available, interns must be able to provide their own housing for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.