Sourcing Specialist 3Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10031829 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 16, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Department has the primary responsibility of sourcing goods and services and coordinating their delivery for the Disney Cruise Line Ships, The Triton Project, Special Projects and the private Islands. The Sourcing Specialist is responsible for coordinating the requirements from the stakeholder, and fulfilling those requirements from the market in the required timeline, and by the most cost effective means through effective quoting and negotiation. The Specialist works with partner departments to coordinate the most xpedited and cost efficient shipping modes, and ensures that all shipping documentation is in accordance with Trade and Compliance guidelines.
- The Sourcing Specialist will be a part of a team responsible for with a focus on client management, category management, and technical solutions in support of DCL Triton operations as well as special projects.
- This individual will be accountable for business unit sourcing initiatives that consider supply chain processes and infrastructure improvements to drive reductions in Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) without compromising business strategy and performance.
- The Sourcing Specialist will participate on cross- functional teams responsible for developing and implementing strategic sourcing arrangements with preferred suppliers.
- The Sourcing Specialist will continuously improve the Company’s procure to pay process by identifying and leading efforts with affected departments to reduce cycle times, improve customer service and reduce total costs.
- The Sourcing Specialist will source and negotiate supply relationships for internal clients
- Provides quote management and order execution for assigned DCL vessel and special projects
- Coordinates and confirms requirements for on-board stakeholders
- Negotiates cost and lead time
- Leverage global supply base to ensure acquisition of requirements at the best landed cost
- Escalates as needed to resolve issues, i.e. extended or missed timelines, order errors, and returns
- Provides timely communication to stakeholder
- Negotiation of goods and services contracts and Statement’s of Work
- Identify opportunities to enhance value from the supply chain
- The Sourcing Specialist leads Supplier Relationship Management program in support of the Sourcing Department goals
- Establishes supplier performance metrics, process Improvement and value-add opportunities
- The Sourcing Specialist will support DCL requirements for compliance with regulatory agencies (i.e. SOLAS, MARPOL, USCG, Lloyds Registry, etc.)
- The Sourcing Specialist will lead and/or support business efforts to protect the brand and achieve Corporate Citizenship goals in Environmentality and Supplier Diversity
(e.g. number of years, function, type of employer, etc.)
- 1-2 years’ experience in strategic sourcing / supply chain disciplines
- Familiarity with Strategic Sourcing/Procurement or Supply Chain Management/Logistics processes
- Proven ability to build relationships/partnerships with stakeholders and suppliers
- Ability to lead a team successfully through strategic sourcing engagements that include complicated analysis, strategy development, negotiation and implementation
- Superior written and verbal communication skills customizable to meet multiple audience needs (e.g., peers, clients, executives and suppliers)
Skills / Specialized Knowledge/
(e.g. languages, computer programs)
- Strong relationship building skills to effectively engage stakeholders
- Ability to effectively communicate, both written and orally, and can tailor messages appropriately to the audience
- Analytical problem solving skills to formulate calculations to support recommendations and strategic thinking ability
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Internal customer focus – ability to identify/solicit key stakeholder needs and develop solutions to address their needs
- Ability / desire to work in diverse environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Organizational and time management skills to juggle multiple projects
- Competent in Microsoft Office Suite (esp. Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business, Supply Chain, Finance, or Civil/ Industrial Engineering other quantitative discipline; or equivalent job experience in-field.
- Master’s degree (i.e. MBA) or other quantitative discipline (i.e. MS), a plus
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.