Sourcing Specialist, Furniture, Fixture and EquipmentApply NowApply Later Job ID 780381BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 13, 2021
- Understand and assist in the development and execution of suppliers, manage their performance and the overall relationship with a focus on quality, service, financial benefit and innovation.
- Evaluate total cost/supply analyses to identify opportunities to achieve optimal financial benefit beginning with the RFP process.
- Work closely with stakeholders to establish standards, find efficiencies and consistently add value.
- Prepare and execute clear, structured negotiations following pre-defined Strategic Sourcing methodology.
- Evaluate supplier fit based on pre-determined selection criteria incorporating diverse suppliers as applicable.
- Ensure compliance with Strategic Sourcing policies, procedures and best practices.
- Routinely assess market conditions and develop sourcing strategies that maximize value to the Company.
- Participate on cross-functional sourcing projects and initiatives that meet internal client’s requirements.
- Contribute to profitability, drive innovation and follow procedures in protecting the company brand and IP.
- Work with Stakeholders and Suppliers to resolve warranty claims throughout products’ lifecycles.
- Participate in professional development activities such as data and project presentations.
- Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics at all times and in all instances.
- 3 to 5 years experience sourcing a broad array of products, preferably Furniture Fixtures and Equipment or Operating Supplies and Equipment.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Transaction experience in SAP &/or Ariba ERP systems
- Experience using collaborative tools, e.g., WebEx, SharePoint & related
- Familiarity with Strategic Sourcing/Procurement or Supply Chain Management/Logistics processes
- Ability to lead a team successfully through strategic sourcing engagements that include complicated analysis, strategy development, negotiation and implementation
- Proven ability to build relationships/partnerships with stakeholders and suppliers
- Superior written and verbal communication skills customizable to meet multiple audience needs (e.g., peers, clients, executives and suppliers)
- Ability to work with different communication & leadership styles
- Superior financial and/or operational modeling and analytical skills
- Demonstrated critical and strategic thinking capabilities
- Ability to work independently as well as lead and participate in cross functional teams
- Ability to conceptualize issues and problems and develop resolutions
- Demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate cross-functional teams through a change management initiative Possess an intellectual curiosity and professional commitment to excellence
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment and/or tabletop
- Bidding, Contracting, Negotiating
- Accomplished methods for driving efficiencies and additional value
- Experience with product development or an understanding of the design development to sourcing process
- Ability to create reports, analyze spend data and create presentations.
- 4-Year degree in Business or other quantitative discipline
- Advanced business degree (e.g., MBA) or other quantitative discipline (e.g., MS)
- Professional certification in ISM, Logistics or S.C.M.
- Willingness to travel (position may require up to 15% travel)
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.