Sourcing Specialist III, Design & ConstructionApply NowApply Later Job ID 782937BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 22, 2021
The Sourcing Specialist will be accountable individually, as a team member, and as a lead of projects and assignments involving design and construction services for our Walt Disney World Clients: Facility Asset Management, Engineering Services, and others. The Sourcing Specialist will be expected to lead cross-functional teams to successfully execute strategic sourcing initiatives that meet or exceed operational and financial goals. This position will interface with multiple levels of leadership and contributors primarily, but not exclusively, within the Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products segment.
The Sourcing Specialist priorities include:
- Create and maintain an inclusive environment that attracts, educates, cultivates, recognizes, retains and listens to a diverse and high performing team of Cast Members.
- Supplier Management (Relationship, Performance, Compliance, Conduct, Risk, Knowledge, Technology and Development)
- Compliance to policies and procedures designed to mitigate risk, improve performance and protect/enhance the reputation of the Disney Company
- Drive the company’s supplier inclusion strategy of broader utilization and increased spend with Certified Minority, Women Veteran, Disabled and LGBTQ suppliers
- Develop/Implement a Supplier Sustainability program that identifies and implements sustainability oriented business practices, evaluates our supply bases for sustainability and delivers products and services whose life cycles have been taken into consideration.
- Continuous improvement in the efficiency and effectiveness of our procedures and processes, with additional focus on workload simplification and workload elimination
- Develop and drive effective strategies by:
- Leading cross-functional sourcing projects that meet internal client’s requirements
- Communicating and reporting to management the status of any critical external relationships that could affect planning and decision-making
- Participate on cross-functional sourcing projects and initiatives that meet internal client’s requirements
- Understanding, analyzing, assessing and communicating market industry trends and conditions that affect internal stakeholders and external suppliers and/or pricing
- Evaluate supplier fit based on pre-determined selection criteria; prepare and execute clear, structured negotiations following pre-defined Strategic Sourcing methodology
- Ensure compliance with Strategic Sourcing best practices
- Understand and assist in the development and execution of supplier performance and relationship management programs that focus on quality, service responsiveness, financial benefit, and innovation.
- Assist with AOP development; forecast and track AOP
- Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances
- Evaluate total cost / supply analysis to identify opportunities to achieve optimal value and financial benefit
- Participate in professional development activities to keep abreast of current industry best practices
- Continually assess market conditions and develop sourcing strategies that maximize value to the Company
- Develop, implement, monitor and report status, performance measures that demonstrate value and ensure supplier performance
- 1-2 years’ experience in strategic sourcing / supply chain disciplines
- Familiarity with Strategic Sourcing/Procurement or Supply Chain Management/Logistics processes
- Proven ability to build relationships/partnerships with stakeholders and suppliers
- Ability to lead a team successfully through strategic sourcing engagements that include complicated analysis, strategy development, negotiation and implementation
- Superior written and verbal communication skills customizable to meet multiple audience needs (e.g., peers, clients, executives and suppliers)
- Strong relationship building skills to effectively engage stakeholders
- Ability to effectively communicate, both written and orally, and can tailor messages appropriately to the audience
- Analytical problem solving skills to formulate calculations to support recommendations and strategic thinking ability
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Internal customer focus – ability to identify/solicit key stakeholder needs and develop solutions to address their needs
- Ability / desire to work in diverse environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Organizational and time management skills to juggle multiple projects
- Competent in Microsoft Office Suite (esp. Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Preferred experience supporting Design and/ or Construction Services
- Prior work experience within Hospitality, Entertainment, Manufacturing, or similar industries
- Knowledge of and the ability to understand, interpret and communicate: BLS Indexes, OPEC/FRED economic reports, Dunn & Bradstreet reports, etc.
- Ability to build highly compelling business case
- Ability to drive projects to conclusion
- Ability to collaborate on ideation and supplier innovation
- Ability to develop and sustain Supplier Relationship Management programs
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business, Supply Chain, Finance, or Civil/ Industrial Engineering other quantitative discipline; or equivalent job experience in-field.
- Master’s degree (i.e. MBA) or other quantitative discipline (i.e. MS), a plus
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.