Sourcing Specialist IIIApply NowApply Later Job ID 874821BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 29, 2021
The mission of the Strategic Sourcing team, which is part of Disney Worldwide Services under Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products segment, is “to passionately enable maximum supply chain value for our Disney stakeholders.” This mission is accomplished by a combination of segment, category, and geographic teams working collaboratively with stakeholders across every business segment around the world, utilizing a systematic approach to managing the acquisition of goods and services aimed at matching stakeholders’ needs with marketplace capabilities while achieving the lowest total cost of ownership. Strategic Sourcing’s operational goals include enabling achievement of The Walt Disney Company’s strategic priorities through effective sourcing execution, supporting margin improvement by helping deliver bottom-line financial benefits, and delivering additional business value through initiatives focused on operational excellence.
The Sourcing Specialist will be a part of the Food and Beverage Category Sourcing Team; and be responsible for Food and Beverage related Sourcing & Procurement activities with a focus on client management, category management, and technical solutions in support of business units within the Company.
This individual will be accountable for The Walt Disney Parks and Resorts sourcing initiatives, consider supply chain processes and infrastructure improvements to drive reductions in Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) without compromising business strategy and performance.
The Sourcing Specialist will participate on cross- functional teams responsible for developing and implementing strategic sourcing arrangements with preferred suppliers.
The Sourcing Specialist will continuously improve the Company’s procure to pay process by identifying and leading efforts with affected departments to reduce cycle times, improve customer service and reduce total costs. The Sourcing Specialist will source and negotiate supply relationships for internal clients.
- Collaboratively contribute to an inclusive environment focusing on skills of Leadership, Management, Technical and Relationship (LMTR)
- Understand and assist in the development and execution of performance management programs with suppliers that focus on quality, service responsiveness, and cost
- Assist with Annual Strategic Plan development; forecast and track
- Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances
- Manage supplier relationships focusing on People, Performance, Disney Standards and Expectations, Conduct, Risk, Knowledge, Technology and Innovation.
- Evaluate total cost / supply analysis to identify opportunities to achieve optimal value
- Participate in professional development activities to keep abreast of current industry best practices
- Continually assess market conditions and develop sourcing strategies that maximize value to the Company
- Evaluate supplier fit based on pre-determined selection criteria; prepare and execute clear, structured negotiations following pre-defined Strategic Sourcing methodology
- Ensure compliance with Strategic Sourcing and policies and best practices
- Lead cross-functional sourcing projects that meet internal client’s requirements
- Communicate and report to management the status of any critical external relationships that could affect planning and decision-making
- Analyze marketing industry trends and conditions that affect internal stakeholders and external suppliers and/or pricing
- Develop, implement, monitor and report status, performance measures that demonstrate value and ensure supplier performance
- Position the organization for success in the ever-evolving marketplace by focusing on Total Cost of Ownership, Supplier Diversification (geographic, size, capabilities, etc.), increasing our Diverse Supplier base/spend, Innovation, Technology, and Sustainability
- Support our Clients and Partners in the areas of Competitive Bidding, Supplier Identification and Qualification (Diverse, Branded, etc.), Contracting, Risk Mitigation, Financial Benefit, Problem Resolution, Opportunity Identification, Sustainability, Supplier Food Safety, Global Sourcing, and Record Retention
- 1-3 years’ experience in the operations, strategic sourcing and / or supply chain disciplines
- Strong relationship building skills to effectively engage stakeholders
- Ability to effectively communicate with various peer / client communication styles
- Strong proficient written and oral communication skills
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Ability / desire to work in diverse environment
- Organizational and time management skills to juggle multiple projects
- 3-5 years’ experience in the food and beverage operations, strategic sourcing and / or supply chain disciplines
- Prior work experience within Distributor, Hotel, Manufacturer, or Restaurant business
- Analytical problem-solving skills to formulate calculations to support recommendations and strategic thinking ability
- Internal customer focus – ability to identify / solicit key stakeholder needs; develop solutions to address their needs
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Knowledge of:
- Food and Beverage industry trends and conditions
- Sourcing & Procurement processes
- Professional certification in C.P.M., Logistics or S.C.M.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business, other quantitative discipline or equivalent working experience.
- Agricultural and / or Food Science experience a plus
- Master’s degree (i.e. MBA) would be beneficial
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.