Already applied?View Dashboard
Sous ChefApply Now Apply Later Job ID 702125BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Sep. 27, 2019
Ensure exceptional Guest service - Ensure consistent production and excellent presentation of well-prepared, flavorful food
Show your creativity - Assist in the creation and development of unique food offerings that provide our Guests with a variety of selections
Lead a team of culinary professionals - Provide leadership, support, motivation and development of Cast Members creating a positive environment that encourages ownership and accountability
Ensure the safety of our Guest and Cast - Ensure operational compliance to Walt Disney Parks & Resorts (WDP&R) Standards, Loss Prevention Standards with adherence to State of Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation and WDP&R Food Safety Standards
Collaborate with key partners - Maintain good partnerships with the front-of-the-house team as well as strategic partners to provide a seamless Guest experience
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum five years culinary experience
- Minimum two years culinary management experience
- Understanding of and ability to demonstrate fundamentals of cooking (e.g., mother sauces, seasonal product knowledge, etc.)
- Proven ability to use cooking skills in the creation of menus that meet the dietary needs and trends of Guests
- Proven ability to coach, lead and inspire a diverse Cast
- Ability to build relationships
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills with direct reports and strategic partners
- Demonstrated organizational skills with attention to detail
- Proven computer skills
- Proven ability to be a self-starter and initiator
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- High school degree or equivalent
- Previous experience in a high volume restaurant or hotel
- Previous experience in table service and quick service restaurants
- Knowledgeable of industry trends and practical business applications
- Demonstrated ability to identify and procure superior products in the development of quality menu items
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen.
Additional Information:For more information on our Culinary team, please visit:
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.