Sous ChefApply NowApply Later Job ID 10019802 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Mar. 14, 2023
Imagine being able to cook Asian fare, traditional American favorites, or Italian specialties, all without changing the place you work? How about deepening your skills in table service, quick service, or catering? Now imagine all this at the happiest place on earth – Disney! As a Sous Chef at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, you would help make magical experiences by pleasing the palettes of Guests of all ages, from all over the world.
The Sous Chef reports to the Chef, and leads the multiple Chef Assistants and Cooks.
- Along with culinary techniques and lead in the kitchen, our Sous Chefs are always looking for ways to add a pinch of pixie dust and a dash of magic. How about creating "Mandalorian" mashed potatoes, or a fruit mousse that looks like Captain America's shield? Innovation is encouraged, and with more than 540 different food outlets in Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, the opportunities for personal growth are unrivaled. Your Role:
- Ensure exceptional Guest service - Ensure consistent production and excellent presentation of well-prepared, flavorful food
- Show your creativity - Help with the creation and development of unique food offerings that provide our Guests with a variety of selections
- Lead a team of culinary professionals - Provide leadership, support, and development of Cast Members creating a positive environment that encourages ownership and accountability
- Ensure the safety of our Guests and Cast - Ensure operational compliance to Walt Disney Company Standards, Loss Prevention Standards with adherence to State of Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation
- Work with essential partners - Maintain good partnerships with the front-of-the-house team and strategic partners to provide a seamless Guest experience.
- Minimum five years culinary experience
- Minimum two years culinary management experience
- Understanding of and ability to demonstrate fundamentals of cooking (e.g., mother sauces, seasonal product knowledge, knife skills)
- Experience using cooking skills in the creation of menus that meet the dietary needs and trends of Guests
- Experience coaching, leading, and inspiring a diverse Cast
- High school degree or equivalent required
It would be great if you also had:
Experience in a high-volume restaurant or hotel
- Knowledge of industry trends and how to translate them into practical business applications
- Identify and procure superior products
- Previously developed a variety of quality menu items
- Experience in both table service and quick service kitchens
- Identify and procure superior products
- Speak a second language (other than English)
- Have a culinary degree from an accredited school
Our Benefits: Disney offers a competitive rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
The hiring range for this position in Florida is $66,584.00 to $89,320.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.