Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Sports and Events Internship, Spring 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 698946BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Aug. 19, 2019
The Cast Fitness team provides global fitness programs, activities, sports leagues and wellness services for our diverse Cast, Crew and Imagineers. This is accomplished by preserving our rich Disney heritage while we strive to enhance our guests’ experience. Cast Fitness works to create events where our Cast can have fun while staying active.
In this exciting role, you will create opportunities and events to meet the needs of our cast in the area of health and wellness. You bring a working knowledge of sports programming and fitness related events. Flexibility is key, as events can take place in early mornings or late evenings. Are you passionate about creating a culture around wellness? Do you enjoy organizing, planning and managing sports programs? Do you enjoy providing courteous, accurate and prompt responses to requests from our cast to help them meet their health goals and ensure guest satisfaction? If so, we want to hear from you!
- Someone who enjoys planning and implementing a variety of sports events including: Softball, Basketball, and Volleyball.
- Excited to build and maintain relationships with key partners to execute Cast well-being programs and company-wide wellness initiatives such as Be Well… Sunrise Yoga at the Magic Kingdom Park and onsite Biometric Screenings.
- A self-starter who takes initiative to support the team in day-to-day tasks important to the success of all programs and events.
- Energized by interacting with guests through phone, email or in-person at events.
- Passionate about providing excellent customer service in order to provide the highest quality events and drive optimal attendance.
Basic Qualifications:What You Bring to the Role:
- Ability to handle guests questions and concerns professionally and courteously while proactively anticipating needs.
- Work onsite at events to ensure success; showcase the ability to handle difficult situations and confidently utilize service recovery methods.
- Previous event planning knowledge or experience.
- Self-starter with the ability to take ownership of work with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, including telephone etiquette.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Must hold a valid U.S. driver’s license and comfort in operating a company vehicle. Operating a company vehicle is required for this role. Candidate must be willing and able to operate a company vehicle under inclement weather, including minimal lighting.
- Understands needs of athletes during event planning and event activities.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Resume (outlining all of your required qualifications)
- Cover letter detailing your qualifications and interest
- College transcripts (official or unofficial)
- Log into your dashboard
- Click the second tab "Applications"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of the position for which you would like to attach the resume or transcripts
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what do you want to add, select Resume or Transcripts
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Resume or Transcripts
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR have graduated from college within the past six months OR be currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must have reliable transportation to get to and from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.